Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I painted my red Edge Tamers JD yellow, I thought the yellow was easier for me to see, but the red and green color scheme would have fit right in for the Christmas holiday! I had a pile of wood run through a chipper from a fallen tree and after doing a test row (used a rake) the results were great, I put the rake up, and scooted up the rest of the pile, no problem! I think I got my photos in reverse order? Dang, this new website makes its a whole lot easier to post photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I got a set as well with extensions.....can’t wait to put to test....looks like you are having great results

·
Vendor
76 Posts
Looking good! Snow is what everyone thinks of, but in reality there are lots of uses. Thank you for pointing out another!

Reactions: Kbar

·
Registered
31 Posts
I painted my red Edge Tamers JD yellow, I thought the yellow was easier for me to see, but the red and green color scheme would have fit right in for the Christmas holiday! I had a pile of wood run through a chipper from a fallen tree and after doing a test row (used a rake) the results were great, I put the rake up, and scooted up the rest of the pile, no problem! I think I got my photos in reverse order? Dang, this new website makes its a whole lot easier to post photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 721873 View attachment 721874 View attachment 721875
Did you remove the red paint first or just rough it up a bit? How is the yellow holding up after use?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
76 Posts
Hi 88bradb, I don't know myself, but you might also check this thread and ask there as well: Edge Tamers In Green?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you remove the red paint first or just rough it up a bit? How is the yellow holding up after use?

I lightly sanded, but the yellow is coming off the bottom showing the red - nice two tone - the yellow on the top is looking good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I lightly sanded, but the yellow is coming off the bottom showing the red - nice two tone - the yellow on the top is looking good.
I just got mine in the mail. I was thinking of trying that with JD green. Wish they would offer them in different brand colors.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Just throw them on and get to work!

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I purchased the Edge Tamers for when I'm near the bottom of piles, wood chips, pea gravel, crushed rock and dirt, does great to keep the bucket from digging into the ground. We don't get much snow, but if the once in a century snowfall occurs, I'll be ready!

Reactions: Kbar
1 - 10 of 10 Posts