Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might sound foolish but here it goes anyway, I use my fel and rear blade for snow removal from my long gravel driveway. Now I've read from this site about edge Tamers for our FEL, but is there anything similar for the rear blade? I'm thinking about something that would keep the rear blade off the gravel while plowing/scraping .

·
Premium Member
10,695 Posts
What rear blade do you have? A lot of blades have optional skid shoe kits which can be added to them. Most are bolt on. If your blade does not have a kit available it is usually not that much of a job to adapt a set of skids or shoes. There have been several photos on this board from folks who have installed a DIY skid kit to their blade.

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts
I moved this to their forum so hopefully they will respond. I do seem to remember this being discussed before :think:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Turf bar

Most every one uses some thing like this on their pick up plow blades it is a piece of 2-3 inch tube with a full length slot and tabs at each end to hold it on after ground freezes they are taken off Sorry don't have picture of mine mounted this on my snow blower early on in the season MY local fabricator makes and sells a couple dozen every year

15 TURF BAR.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a great idea, a tube slotted to fit over the edge. I have a Frontier 5060 rear blade on my 1023e. I'm also considering getting the edge timers for my FEL for use when the ground is soft. Thanks to everyone for your information.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What rear blade do you have? A lot of blades have optional skid shoe kits which can be added to them. Most are bolt on. If your blade does not have a kit available it is usually not that much of a job to adapt a set of skids or shoes. There have been several photos on this board from folks who have installed a DIY skid kit to their blade.

I was wondering if they had some sort of shoe, mine is a Frontier RB5060 blade and there is an optional skid shoe kit available, thanks for the
info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts