Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a lot of reading past posts trying to gather as much info as I can before ordering some. I have a 2025r, with a 53" wide bucket. I live in NH and want to give those a whirl for plowing snow in my gravel driveway. I have a 1/4 gravel driveway...and when it's warm a plow truck really does way too much damage. It looks like people who have them give them great reviews. My dilemma is, with my bucket width do I go with (2) 3" ones....and does having one in the middle help more than hurt? I can see when having a third in the middle would be great...but I can also see times where it might not be all that great. I'm also not opposed to buying the 4" wide models either. I'm just looking for advice from others who have already taken the plunge. With my size bucket, what do you have and is it working for you? Any regrets? wish you got a wider or more narrow size, etc?

·
Administrator
17,117 Posts
Moved to the R2 forum.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I have two 4" Edge Tamers on a 61" bucket. I haven't used them to clear snow, but they worked fine for pushing leaves in my yard without damaging the lawn.

I have no need of a third Edge Tamer, but if I was plowing a driveway with a crown there might be a benefit to installing one in the middle of the bucket.

·
Registered
12,285 Posts
I bought two 4" edge tamers from R2 last year at Empire Farm Days. But to answer your question, on their site I believe it tells what they recommend for your bucket, I believe two 3" would work just fine.

·
Vendor
66 Posts
I've done a lot of reading past posts trying to gather as much info as I can before ordering some. I have a 2025r, with a 53" wide bucket. I live in NH and want to give those a whirl for plowing snow in my gravel driveway. I have a 1/4 gravel driveway...and when it's warm a plow truck really does way too much damage. It looks like people who have them give them great reviews. My dilemma is, with my bucket width do I go with (2) 3" ones....and does having one in the middle help more than hurt? I can see when having a third in the middle would be great...but I can also see times where it might not be all that great. I'm also not opposed to buying the 4" wide models either. I'm just looking for advice from others who have already taken the plunge. With my size bucket, what do you have and is it working for you? Any regrets? wish you got a wider or more narrow size, etc?
Greetings MJ!

A couple notes to make the decision easier:
-There is no real disadvantage to using 4" versus the 3", just cost savings. The 4" give you extra surface area to spread the weight of your bucket, which can only help.
-We still charge the shipping by unit, so there's no advantage to ordering three now versus two now and one later if you find you need it.

Hope this helps!

-R2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts