Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new to me 59 inch on a 3720. Is it allowable to put some down pressure on the blower or do you all leave in float? I have done both with my 2520 but the 3720 looks different for the front mount and it appears that the center bolt with square washer would take all the downforce pressure? I could be wrong, usually am, just ask my wife.

·
Administrator
18,346 Posts
Yes, you can put some downpressure on it with a 3PH-I do with my blade. You are correct that the top bolt will be holding it all together.

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know. I was unsure if I had to leave on float. Like I said my 2520 depending on circumstances I would put pressure down. This will be a different year for me for sure as I will be warm when moving snow and I can leave the loader on the 2520 for the close stuff and to build piles for the kids.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
I would suggest installing the larger skid shoes, especially if you are planning to apply down-pressure. I float mine over the driveway and rarely if ever apply down pressure.
Sincerely

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Just be careful, as the weight of the front of the tractor could easily bend something on the snowblower on uneven terrain or obstacle.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts

·
Administrator
18,346 Posts
Reactions: HomesteadJoe

·
Premium Member
12,793 Posts
I think those are the same ones I used too.
FYI... they have since come out with extra heavy duty shoes that has a skid plate about three times the thickness of what is shown above.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don’t always use float, but that’s where it is most of the time. I find putting down pressure tends to negatively impact your ability to steer the tractor. Too much down pressure and the tractor seriously understeers. Also any bumps or ridges or transitions (going from level to uphill) put an incredible amount of force on the mounts if you don’t make the correct input into the lift height. I picture an expensive repair when one of the stress points fails in the future. YMMV, just my observations!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don’t always use float, but that’s where it is most of the time. I find putting down pressure tends to negatively impact your ability to steer the tractor. Too much down pressure and the tractor seriously understeers. Also any bumps or ridges or transitions (going from level to uphill) put an incredible amount of force on the mounts if you don’t make the correct input into the lift height. I picture an expensive repair when one of the stress points fails in the future. YMMV, just my observations!
I agree with the added wear. My 2520 front mount quick hitch seems sloppy, but I got it used so not sure what a new one is like. I was going to buy a new one since you can’t replace pins in that style but ended up with a new to me tractor. I also noticed the steering issue on my 2520 but from time to time it helps to scrape the pavement. I do my cement driveway and part of the asphalt street with it. I am going to try and use float more than anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts