Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New member here. I am going through some old toys from an estate sale and have a few that I believe to be sought after by collectors.

I would like to know if anyone here knows what I should be asking for a 1980s 1/16 Eldon Trumm 8010 in great condition. I have done what little research that I can and have found one for sale on ebay in much worse shape than mine with an asking price of $520. I also found that "Dick's Farm Toy Price Guide" valued it at $574 in 2004, so I can only assume that is is worth more now.

I am curious if anyone here might have some insight on value or know of a collector that might know more (or want to buy).

Thanks in advance!

-Will

·
Registered
11,675 Posts
Hello,

New member here. I am going through some old toys from an estate sale and have a few that I believe to be sought after by collectors.

I would like to know if anyone here knows what I should be asking for a 1980s 1/16 Eldon Trumm 8010 in great condition. I have done what little research that I can and have found one for sale on ebay in much worse shape than mine with an asking price of $520. I also found that "Dick's Farm Toy Price Guide" valued it at $574 in 2004, so I can only assume that is is worth more now.

I am curious if anyone here might have some insight on value or know of a collector that might know more (or want to buy).

Thanks in advance!

-Will
:ttiwwp:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some pictures. As you can see it is in near perfect shape besides a couple little specs of paint gone where it articulates.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Hello,

Thanks in advance!

-Will

Just because it was "valued" at $574 in 2004 you can't make the assumption that it's worth more now. The collectibles market goes up and down. And down is not uncommon! Antiques are going down now because there's less people that remember seeing "antiques" at their grandparents place so the "Oh, I remember that..." factor is gone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just because it was "valued" at $574 in 2004 you can't make the assumption that it's worth more now. The collectibles market goes up and down. And down is not uncommon! Antiques are going down now because there's less people that remember seeing "antiques" at their grandparents place so the "Oh, I remember that..." factor is gone.
Very true. This is why I am hoping to find someone who is a collector and may know what the current market on this would be.

In the meantime I put it up on Ebay with a starting bid of $500. I suppose the bids or lack thereof will tell me what I need to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts