Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
This very good information and a reminder to all. :thumbup1gif:

I moved this thread to the safety section.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
I'm familiar with bonding and grounding. I used to oversee this safety practice in commercial settings. But my refueling system consists of a plastic can filling a plastic tank on the tractor. I doubt that the plastic in either case is conductive. So there's really nothing to bond or ground that I can see. If you are filling from a big tank, there would be some things to check. Am I missing anything?

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Plastic + Plastic raises a good question. However, I suspect that would only involve a plastic tank on a plastic stand, therefore without any conductivity to earth. I don't believe the tractor grounding is an issue. And with, say a 5 gallon plastic "can", it likely has been set on the ground, helping somewhat for grounding to earth, but mostly the human holding the plastic "can" will provide the grounding needed in most circumstances. I am just rambling here, I do not claim to have all the answers on this issue, only that grounding is a very important item. In my case, I have a metal fuel barrel on a metal stand, so I will not likely have an issue. If I wanted to be even more proactive, I could drive a ground rod into earth for additional grounding, but I don't consider this to be necessary for a gravity fill tank, where no electric is involved.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts