Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site and need your help!
My X595 hesitated to start, I didn't wait for the glow plugs to cycle because the tractor was hot.The starter turned over real slow and then there was a pop and smoke as the 2mm fuseable link blew at the starter. then I turned the key again and she started right up.I got it back to the shop and began looking... No glow plugs. I replaced the fusable link, still no power.Traced the heavy wires back to a relay on bottom right of dash, it was bad so changed it. now I have glow plugs but they stay on much longer then the dash indicator is lit. Is the problem the control module or the key switch and circuit board?I think the starter and glow plugs were on at the same time and thats what blew the link. machine has 275 Hrs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Herb,

I am new here also! Yes, the over current condition seems to have caused the link to go. The reason John Deere built it in. That is the second reason for the time delay. So now your glow plug cycle time is longer! Interesting indeed. Possibly, the replacement may have a longer cycle time. Are all parts replaced; the link also? The time relay you mentioned also. It could be a JD product improvement.

Nine (9) years ago I looked for a X595, the only remaining model was many miles away. The X575 (gas, carbureted) was my second choice, and I'm very pleased to say that it has served me very well!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,652 Posts
Can't help with the issue but I can welcome you both to GTT.
Welcome Herb and RetiredCarGuy.

·
Registered
321 Posts
my understanding of the glow plugs. The indicator light going out indicates that the glow plugs have had enough time to heat to where they will do their job. Light going out does not mean they stop working, it is normal for them to stay on a while longer to continue to add heat until started and warms up a little. I could be wrong but this does make sense to me. I don't think you have a problem with them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
my understanding of the glow plugs. The indicator light going out indicates that the glow plugs have had enough time to heat to where they will do their job. Light going out does not mean they stop working, it is normal for them to stay on a while longer to continue to add heat until the engine gets warmed up. I could be wrong but this does make sense to me. I don't think you have a problem with them.
Correct, the control module does exactly that. The diesel is truly a heat engine.

Got to love that smart diesel technology!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Electrical solution X595

I finally figured it out! I disconnected the glow plugs, and I still had a dead short. It turns out the wiring harness had rubbed through, and welded that 10 gauge wire to the injector tubing. The thing that confused me is that it would only do it hot. The glow plug controller didn't make a difference the plugs still stay on after the light goes out. It cost me a second Fusable link and relay but everything's operating normal now. I assumed, incorrectly, that the glow plugs went out when the indicator light went out.
Does anyone have any idea where I could get a technical Manual or repair Manual for this machine? Besides john Deere?
I discovered the john Deere wants 61 dollars for $3.00 Fusable link. O yeah I could buy it online for 50,what a joke![/SIZE]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts