Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, Matt brought it to my attention that I had not posted my Ellis Miter Saw rebuild. So here it is. This is one of my Craig's List buys and I could not pass it up for the $850 price. They are made right here in Verona Wisconsin and highly sought after by the welders and fabricators. This one is the little 1100, just perfect for me. So here are the before pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And the Restore Pics

Here are some photos of the finished machine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
WOW! Good Work!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Now I am really drooling!! Really nice craftsmanship!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
Very cool Randy. That bandsaw is now just as pretty and useful as your restored Bridgeport. :good2:

Did you put a PowerTwist belt on as an upgrade to the standard V-belt? I've had good luck with them, and use them on my Crapsman table saw, Wilton (Jet) and Grizzly bandsaws, and Jet drill press.

·
Administrator
20,350 Posts
Wow..... Incredible job Randy. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone. :hi:

Did you put a PowerTwist belt on as an upgrade to the standard V-belt? I've had good luck with them, and use them on my Crapsman table saw, Wilton (Jet) and Grizzly bandsaws, and Jet drill press.
No Matt, I did not do that yet. It will probably be the next belt. :good2:

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Hey Randy,

That looks great, want to give me a hand with my latest pickup, a late 50's Atlas Power Hacksaw?
00D0D_3KyZs9d3YSE_600x450.jpg 00H0H_bboukGaqdkq_600x450.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Randy,

That looks great, want to give me a hand with my latest pickup, a late 50's Atlas Power Hacksaw?
Very cooooool Tom. :good2:

It doesn't look like it is in too bad a shape. Does it run and cut?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Randy,

Yup, it runs and cuts. It's got some slop in the bushings and plates but nothing that cant be fixed. It has the auto shut off lever which was an option I believe. Clausing has common wear parts listed for it as does Sears (I think they get them from Clausing)

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts