Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my Mother-in-law's recipe; it is a wonderful cake, even the inexperienced cook can make it. I used to make it and take it to work around the holidays, and I NEVER had to bring any of it home.

ELSIE’S WHITE HOLIDAY CAKE

INGREDIENTS

2 cups sugar

2 cups flour

1 lb. butter

6 eggs

1 lb. white raisins

1 lb. chopped nuts

2 oz. bottle of lemon extract

Cream butter & sugar; Add eggs one at a time, cream.

Sift flour once then measure. Mix flour, raisins and nuts together and add to creamed batter. Add extract & mix well.

Bake @ 300 – 325 degrees one hour or longer. Best to use an Angel food cake pan.

Best if wrapped in aluminum foil; store on top of frige for a week to a month before eating. Enjoy.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
With the storing it helping, not harming, and needing no refrigeration, it ought to ship well. Thanks for the recipe, 2Lane. I don't have raisins in the house, but next time I am out, I'll get some. That way, I can try this the next COLD, winter day that I am stuck home!!

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
That really sounds like it would be good. The hard part for me would be the storing it before eating. Thanks for sharing that recipe.

BTW, my last name is White. Your wife and I have ancestors way back when that knew each other probably.

·
Premium Member
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That really sounds like it would be good. The hard part for me would be the storing it before eating. Thanks for sharing that recipe.

BTW, my last name is White. Your wife and I have ancestors way back when that knew each other probably.
Actually only the cake is white; Elsie's maiden name was Thompson, her married name was Langford. They were from Gilmer Texas.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Actually only the cake is white; Elsie's maiden name was Thompson, her married name was Langford. They were from Gilmer Texas.
Bummer. Another reason I need to read slower and let what little brain I have comprehend what it has just read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts