Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 825i cuts out or misses when pulling hard to go up a hill. Also does it a little when traveling above 20 mph. I thought it might be old gas, so I added some fresh 93 octane gas (about 2 gallons to about 2 gallons of old) and sea foam. It doesn't seem to be any better. Any thoughts or should I just use up the gas as is and then put new in. The gas runs my generator fine.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Sounds like the fuel pump. I would also change the filter.

·
Registered
927 Posts
:hi: If you haven't use the 825 a longer time it could be helpfull to clean or change all filters and also the carb with an ultrasonic cleaner

·
Registered
11,692 Posts
My 825i cuts out or misses when pulling hard to go up a hill. Also does it a little when traveling above 20 mph. I thought it might be old gas, so I added some fresh 93 octane gas (about 2 gallons to about 2 gallons of old) and sea foam. It doesn't seem to be any better. Any thoughts or should I just use up the gas as is and then put new in. The gas runs my generator fine.

my aunts 620I was kinda doing the same thing earlier this spring. here there was a small filter along the back of the cab-zip-tied in the wiring harness. my uncle and her never knew it was there the whole time they owned it. it's small too--maybe even smaller than a garden tractor's gas inline filter. anyways i hauled it over to a fella who works on it from time to time for her.

he changed it while we waited --been going since pretty good. now and then it gives fits-and my uncle puts a few drops of something he bought at tractor supply-i don't know the name-but he swears by it-and her-cause it makes it run like new then.

maybe get a bottle of that and try:dunno: i'll ask today and post back later. it has a certain color to its bottle he claims.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Gas filter. Change it.

·
Registered
21,233 Posts
I agree with first changing the fuel filter.

Also, gas - this gas with ethanol in it goes bad very quickly. It can affect how small engines run after the fuel is only a couple months old. So I would also get all the old fuel out and replace with fresh.

If you have it available I would only use non-ethanol gas in any/all small gas engines.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will look into a new filter. Gator is a 2014 model but only has 48 hours on it. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update

I put one ounce of sea foam additive per gallon for a couple of tank fulls and the missing while going up hills and when pulling hard went away. Thanks for your thoughts but I tried the easy way first and it worked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts