Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a little bit of searching on this forum, but found nothing about this for the 1025R. Is there any way to use the search function here to search for exact phrase?

I will be using my SCUT on probably what are the limits of slope for this tractor, for extended periods of run time. Was looking into the possibility of an oil pressure gauge, just to make sure that the oil pick-up isn't sucking air.

Perhaps there may be some info from Yanmar on the subject?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Did a little bit of searching on this forum, but found nothing about this for the 1025R. Is there any way to use the search function here to search for exact phrase?

I will be using my SCUT on probably what are the limits of slope for this tractor, for extended periods of run time. Was looking into the possibility of an oil pressure gauge, just to make sure that the oil pick-up isn't sucking air.

Perhaps there may be some info from Yanmar on the subject?
I think if you manage to tilt far enough to suck air instead of oil that; 1, low oil pressure will be the least of your problems and 2, the low oil pressure light will come on.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
If the low oil pressure switch is anything like on cars, you can just get yourself a TEE connector with the proper threads and just plumb it in off to the side.

Just a personal preference but, if Im going to add an oil pressure gauge, I would want a mechanical one vs electric.

·
Registered
140 Posts
HOLY:danger:
Are you sure you don't wanna save that cash for:
1. a roll gauge from the marine store (I think the off-road gauges might not go far enough.)
2. Antigravity belt
3. lead sneakers.

What are you doing in the diagonal?? hopefully just grass cutting or surface work. Cause if your breaking open ground then you might have traction loss under the front wheels and sinking on the downhill side (further tilting your COG)--don't ask how I learned this - not pretty.

Good luck!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HOLY:danger:
Are you sure you don't wanna save that cash for:
1. a roll gauge from the marine store (I think the off-road gauges might not go far enough.)
2. Antigravity belt
3. lead sneakers.

What are you doing in the diagonal?? hopefully just grass cutting or surface work. Cause if your breaking open ground then you might have traction loss under the front wheels and sinking on the downhill side (further tilting your COG)--don't ask how I learned this - not pretty.

Good luck!

JD Green lead-sneakers* sound like a good idea for lowering the CoG a bit!

The anti-gravity belt is currently outside of my budget, at least until the price comes down to a reasonable amount. Once I get the tractor paid off, I'll give those another look-see.

...and yes, no digging on the traverse, which is a very good point to make. Mowing and some surface scraping of small woody vegetation. Much effort will be made to take on the steeper stuff in-line with the slope.

*not available at California John Deere outlets (because, as we all know, EVERYTHING known to man causes cancer in California)

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
6 inch wheel spacers on the rear. That will keep you planted to terra firma. After that an oil pressure gauge will be of little use.

·
Registered
9,386 Posts
I used to be pretty big into auto racing. 3 out of 4 times there was a loss of oil pressure or major leaks the failure was the oil pressure gauge hose. Braided stainless was better then copper, but none were foolproof. I’d stick with the idiot light over adding another location to fail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts