Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what it would be. Fuel issue maybe? Last couple times I’ve been out plowing. Engine running fine and then starts to bog down for just a couple of seconds like it’s going to stall then goes back to normal. Only happened once each of the last two times out and otherwise ran fine. Weather has been cold too so not sure that has something to do with it. I do use fuel additive.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not sure what it would be. Fuel issue maybe? Last couple times I’ve been out plowing. Engine running fine and then starts to bog down for just a couple of seconds like it’s going to stall then goes back to normal. Only happened once each of the last two times out and otherwise ran fine. Weather has been cold too so not sure that has something to do with it. I do use fuel additive.
Having exact same symptoms in my 1026R this AM when plowing. Fuel filter not indicating water in fuel. Ran fine for an hour, then just as you described. Temps in single digits to teens overnight here in central MD. Looking for ideas also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Have either one of you checked your baby filters under the floor board? Most problems come from that needing to be changed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have either one of you checked your baby filters under the floor board? Most problems come from that needing to be changed.
I did change it about September when I did my maintenance so I wouldn’t think it to be that but wouldn’t hurt to check.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
I did change it about September when I did my maintenance so I wouldn’t think it to be that but wouldn’t hurt to check.
Might of got some bad fuel or junk off the bottom of your tank could of went through it. For as little as they cost. Dosn't hurt to change it. Plus I would add some fuel additive also. I use Power Service.

·
Premium Member
20,066 Posts
Using Power Service,, DON'T add more than 2 times the dose .

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Might of got some bad fuel or junk off the bottom of your tank could of went through it. For as little as they cost. Dosn't hurt to change it. Plus I would add some fuel additive also. I use Power Service.
Thanks. I’ll give that a try.

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Registered
53 Posts
Could be sucking snow into your air cleaner also if snow is fluffy.

Reactions: ejb69 and Junckman

·
Registered
2021 1025R Loader Mid-mount Mower 54D 260B Back hoe
72 Posts

I also had this happen to me as I was piling up snow with the loader.... I think snow is getting sucked into the air filter and affecting the airflow.....

I used more caution and tried to prevent the snow from falling in front of the tractor and it did not happen again last night...

Reactions: Junckman

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's the little fuel filter under the floorboard. Cost 3 or 4 dollars.

·
Premium Member
2,187 Posts
For this circumstance, first check the air filter since it's right there and will be obvious if snow is getting sucked in. Then as others mentioned, the next most common cause is fuel gelling or other crud clogging up the little filter under the floorboard. Which is exasperated by the cold.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
It’s probably the little filter under the floor board. It’s the first thing to get plugged up and seems to be the cause to most lack of power / engine not running quite right.

Reactions: Junckman
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.