Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cost and features drove this purchase. Even used non green units (from a jd dealer yet) cost the same as this unit brand new.

Everything cant be green with that cost differential.

C4584F68-5D16-4845-91D6-51E11825B4EC.jpeg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congratulations on the new purchase. It looks great.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
The refinery I’m working at right now has no less than 40 of those Kubotas running around.
I like the diesel and all hydraulic steering and stuff.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Even die-hard "Green People" can buy Orange equipment. The farmers across the road from me having nothing but JD farm equipment. Tractors, combines, planters, plows, etc. Hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment! They even have JD flags flying right below their American flags on their flagpoles. But, their farm utility vehicle is a (really nice!) Kubota.

·
Registered
926 Posts
:hi: First of all: congrats.

But imo green and yellow is not a question of money, it's a question of conviction. Formerly I often spend money for other nonsense like smoking or alcohol aso - today I wait until I have the money and then I buy a Deere...

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Know what your saying. Congrats enjoy

·
Registered
11,640 Posts
Cost and features drove this purchase. Even used non green units (from a jd dealer yet) cost the same as this unit brand new.

Everything cant be green with that cost differential.

i looked real hard at orange---but for me the deal breaker was the stupid round pipe at the seat. now i suppose the pipe could of been removed the same as the 825's i tried getting into. but once i tried the new jd 835r--i fell in love with it the most. at least it was for me--kinda on the big size u know.

now i was offered to have a kubota delivered to my house for a week, just to see if i would switch brands-but i declined the offer.
i bought gas-i don't really know why-i should of broke down and went diesel--:dunno:my x475 uses gas, so i have to have gas delivered once a yr for the model jd 50, the x475, and now my gator.

and the kubota i was looking at--with the goodies i wanted--was only around 3 to 5 grand less IIRC them was just rough estimates at the time. i like my seat a lot better oh:mocking:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts