Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 6’ Modern shredder from an old friend today. After mowing a few hours I stopped at the neighbor and visited, when I got back on the tractor I saw the below pic. pth a 521991.5. I did a google search for answers and really didn’t find any.

Does anyone have info on what this could mean? It comes on as soon as I turn off the PTO and I can scroll through the info and it will appear in the cycle now. Everything is working normally as far as I can tell...

Thanks,
Steve

Gauge Automotive tire Electronic instrument Audio equipment Font

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,017 Posts
According to the TratorPlus app:

TCU Temperature High (Least Severe)

·
Registered
JD 455, 4610, 4052R, and 6120E
573 Posts
Yes, the Power Train Hydrostatic Control Unit (located in steering wheel console) temperature is slightly high. Probably just got hot soaked from heat from the hot transmission and engine when the tractor was parked.

The technical manual says to "remove the heat source", and clear the code in Diagnostic Mode 2 (password LRRRLR). If the error code doesn't stay cleared, there may be a problem.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thank you JD Driver. I’ll try that. To clear the code you hold the display switch then enter the code using the turn signal switches you listed?

Steve
Yes.
1. Make sure that no error codes are displayed. If any errors are displayed, momentarily activate the display mode switch to acknowledge the error.
2. Press and hold the display mode switch. Within 2 seconds, start entering the LRRRLR password using the Left and Right turn signal switches.
3. After viewing the last error code in Diagnostic 2 mode, you will be given the option to clear. Select ClrY to clear.

Not sure what tractor you have, but you will probably want to get a technical manual. They are very handy.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JD Driver,
Sorry, should have posted that in the first msg. 4044M.
Yes I like manuals. When I bought the tractor I found one on line and have it on my home computer. Need to print it out put in a three ring binder and bring it to the tractor six hours away. Not much good at home........ one of the things to add to my , take to the property, list!
Thank you very much for your time and effort!

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I looked at one that had a constant speed prop and a 360. Owner said cruise 210 knots true. I have always liked Burt’s aircraft.
how long did it take to build? Pics of the panel? What do you use it for, trips,$100 burgers, fly to OSH?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I looked at one that had a constant speed prop and a 360. Owner said cruise 210 knots true. I have always liked Burt’s aircraft.
how long did it take to build? Pics of the panel? What do you use it for, trips,$100 burgers, fly to OSH?
They take a long time to build (2,500 hrs plus). Mine is pretty stock and light with Lycoming 0-235-L2C 118 hp engine and fixed pitch wood prop. Cruises at 160 mph true at 5 gph and holds 50 gal fuel. Been to Oshkosh many times and coast-to-coast.

It has a Garmin G3X Touch system with highly integrated autopilot and GNX 375 IFR navigator, ADS-B traffic/weather, and SXM weather and music. Just engage the autopilot after liftoff and it will climb, cruise, descend (VNAV) all on its own and take you anywhere you want to go. Great traveling machine.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice!!! Love them! Built a mini 500 24 years ago. Was going to fly it to work. Most fun toy I ever had. Like your first bike and first car...
that is a true efficient traveling machine. Great panel! Well if you ever find yourself down around Brown, KBWD, I have a truck that the airport you are welcome to use OR let me know and I’ll pick you and your bride, if she is with you, up at the airport and bring you to our place for a relaxing getaway. It would be GREAT fun, guaranteed. See turkeys, deer, pigs, all sorts of birds everyday. Can’t hear any human noises here except for the occasional military plane, we are under a very active MOA.

love Garmin avionics. Have been supporting their business since early 1997!

thanks for all the help with the tractor, ordered the manual today.

Steve

·
Registered
573 Posts
Very nice!!! Love them! Built a mini 500 24 years ago. Was going to fly it to work. Most fun toy I ever had. Like your first bike and first car...
that is a true efficient traveling machine. Great panel! Well if you ever find yourself down around Brown, KBWD, I have a truck that the airport you are welcome to use OR let me know and I’ll pick you and your bride, if she is with you, up at the airport and bring you to our place for a relaxing getaway. It would be GREAT fun, guaranteed. See turkeys, deer, pigs, all sorts of birds everyday. Can’t hear any human noises here except for the occasional military plane, we are under a very active MOA.

love Garmin avionics. Have been supporting their business since early 1997!

thanks for all the help with the tractor, ordered the manual today.

Steve
Sounds fun. Just a short 450 nm hop from K81. :)

We have B2 bombers flying over our house from Whiteman AFB (KSZL) to the East. My wife knows I will run outside every time I hear them coming. For something so stealthy to radar, they sure make a great loud noise! It is great to see them overfly a Chiefs game.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.