Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm finally getting to a project that's taken nearly a year to get this far. 130 Pedal Tractor 1.JPG

I've had the parts painted for a while now: HPIM1445.JPG HPIM1444.JPG

Today it's time to mount the tires, start by cooking them: HPIM1439.JPG hot water for 20-30 minutes, soap them & pull them on. This is the part I'd never done & was a bit afraid of, wasn't as bad as it looks!

Fronts first: HPIM1440.JPG A threaded rod in the vise to hold the rims: HPIM1441.JPG HPIM1443.JPG Tires are all on now, hard part is over --- until time to line up the decals!

I've restored pedal tractors before, just never had to mount the tires, this was the only way to get the correct tires for the older Eska's.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Very nice, I've thought about restoring a couple pedal tractors myself .

·
Registered
11,377 Posts
As usual, nice work. I never knew that it was possible to replace the tires. What are you going to do with it when it is finished?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Looking real sharp, Lowell!! :good2:

Those seem to be pretty rare here in the west -- mostly ERTL here (both contemporary and a few vintage...) and often can be found relatively inexpensively. ERTL parts are pretty available -- how hard was it to find those tires that are correct for the ERSA tractor?

Here is a 'non-collectable' contemporary unit I picked up for $25 a couple years back...

Ertl Deere 1.jpg

Chuck

·
Premium Member
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As usual, nice work. I never knew that it was possible to replace the tires. What are you going to do with it when it is finished?
It will be on display in my finished basement where I'll see it every time I come downstairs (my main way in & out of the house)!

·
Premium Member
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking real sharp, Lowell!! :good2:

Those seem to be pretty rare here in the west -- mostly ERTL here (both contemporary and a few vintage...) and often can be found relatively inexpensively. ERTL parts are pretty available -- how hard was it to find those tires that are correct for the ERSA tractor?

Here is a 'non-collectable' contemporary unit I picked up for $25 a couple years back...

View attachment 37009

Chuck
There are a few places that carry the correct wheels & tires, though expensive!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,196 Posts
Very nice I would like to do one of these as well but I am not having any luck finding a tractor to start with without a 2nd mortgage:laugh:
I am sure it will look very nice displayed :thumbup1gif:
I just came off ebay looking at petal tractors. There is a lot of them on there along with parts. I was looking for parts for mine that I have to redo. Think it will be a summer project. My barn is air conditioned year round. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally, I got caught up enough to put the 130 back together this morning. HPIM1461.JPG HPIM1462.JPG HPIM1463.JPG

Now, I have to make a "place of honor" in the finished basement next to my desk!

·
Premium Member
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 130 is in it's place: HPIM1465.JPG

Now, I just need 1/16th & 1/64th scale "30" series models to finish the display. The 720 just isn't quite right!

·
Premium Member
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to ebay, I now have a 1/16th scale 730 NF on it's way! Now for a 1/64th scale! :lol:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Thanks to ebay, I now have a 1/16th scale 730 NF on it's way! Now for a 1/64th scale! :lol:
Neat item to add to the collection!!! :thumbup1gif:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts