1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
10,991 Posts
Hmmm... they have a ROPS but no mention of a FEL. That's odd. I thought it was the lack of a ROPS that prevented the current X700-series from having a FEL.

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
But why have a loader when that’s direct competition with the 1 series? ROPS allows some more aggressive mowing terrain.

·
Premium Member
10,991 Posts
But why have a loader when that’s direct competition with the 1 series? ROPS allows some more aggressive mowing terrain.
Cause it's Europe man and they get all the cool stuff! :good2:

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm... they have a ROPS but no mention of a FEL. That's odd. I thought it was the lack of a ROPS that prevented the current X700-series from having a FEL.
The Lack of ROPS actually that had nothing to do with the Loader Not being Made anymore. The weight of the Past X700 series was the reason they redesigned the X700 series & didn't replace the X749 The tractor itself has to weigh under 1000lbs not Including mowing deck or attachments or Deere was going to have to Put ROPS on the X700 series. But the reason for the Loader Being dropped was the Bean Counters at Deere originally there was a loader Planned for the X700 signature series:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
What good is a branch knocker without a loader.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What good is a branch knocker without a loader.:dunno:
Be Kind of Interesting to see if You could Order Just the ROPS for here in the states I would Like to see if the fit On my X748. Femco Made ROPS for the Older X400 & X500 series should have Bought a set back them The ROPS came standard with the click & go brackets:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
The " your a peein " stuff has weird stuff. Like hood switches. Prevents the engine from running if the hood is open. Most unique parts are not available to order here in N.A. Also I learned working with military people is the warranty is voided as soon as it crosses the big pond. Some of the extra lighting options on larger mowers and SCUTS, Gators is pretty cool.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The " your a peein " stuff has weird stuff. Like hood switches. Prevents the engine from running if the hood is open. Most unique parts are not available to order here in N.A. Also I learned working with military people is the warranty is voided as soon as it crosses the big pond. Some of the extra lighting options on larger mowers and SCUTS, Gators is pretty cool.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
We got a 90 day warranty on Deere M-Gators unless it was shipped directly to a combat zone. But we also had a lot of regular Gators that got the full warranty

But Deere wasn't Like standard Military contractor they didn't up charge the Military on parts On any Deere Machinery. The replacement Parts were pretty Darn cheap compared to what Farmers even half to pay here in the states:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who cares about the ROPs, it's the diesel with AWS/AWD that I want. A ROPs sucks on a garden tractor.
Just have your dealer send a complaint to Deere Because the X749 was the lowest selling Deere In the X700 Ultimate series here In North America. Had Deere Not had to do a redesign on the X700 series because of weight . The Bean counters would have made them stop production anyways. Because of there low sales numbers:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
We got a 90 day warranty on Deere M-Gators unless it was shipped directly to a combat zone. But we also had a lot of regular Gators that got the full warranty

But Deere wasn't Like standard Military contractor they didn't up charge the Military on parts On any Deere Machinery. The replacement Parts were pretty Darn cheap compared to what Farmers even half to pay here in the states:bigthumb:[/QUOTE

If you can get parts. We always had a hard time sourcing them when deployed since you can't order them through the normal Army repair parts system. Not sure if they have fixed that yet or not. I loved the first generation of M gator, no rops, no throttle stop, just get in and go. Tough little utility vehicle, reminded me of the M38A1.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

But Deere wasn't Like standard Military contractor they didn't up charge the Military on parts On any Deere Machinery. The replacement Parts were pretty Darn cheap compared to what Farmers even half to pay here in the states:bigthumb:[/QUOTE

If you can get parts. We always had a hard time sourcing them when deployed since you can't order them through the normal Army repair parts system. Not sure if they have fixed that yet or not. I loved the first generation of M gator, no rops, no throttle stop, just get in and go. Tough little utility vehicle, reminded me of the M38A1.
At least this former Infantry Battalion Operations NCOIC had no Problem getting Parts. Though who said anything about going through proper channels:lol: By the way for me that was 16 years ago at the Beginning of Operation Enduring freedom I retired In 2002 Just after I came Back from Afghanistan. BTW Most of the Gators we took with us were still in standard JD Green we Only had a few In Olive Drab:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Just have your dealer send a complaint to Deere Because the X749 was the lowest selling Deere In the X700 Ultimate series here In North America. Had Deere Not had to do a redesign on the X700 series because of weight . The Bean counters would have made them stop production anyways. Because of there low sales numbers:bigthumb:
It's not just a JD thing. I have seen Harley Davidson do the same thing over the years. If a model is slow or not selling it gets the ax. However they may still make it for other world markets. Where the model is actually selling.

·
Premium Member
10,991 Posts
The " your a peein " stuff has weird stuff. Like hood switches. Prevents the engine from running if the hood is open.
Hood switch? On a tractor? Yim-man-nee... I'll bet that gets jumped out even before the seat switch. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts