Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any of you ever notice how a lot of Euro tractors have the front and rear wheel/tire sizes the same, I would think this would bring about more traction with more lugs on the ground. Further, you wouldn't have as much ballast issues while doing FEL or pulling rear tillage/seeders ??

Cheers

·
Administrator
20,350 Posts
I guess I don’t follow the lack of a ballast issue you mention? Physics doesn’t change with tire size. What am I missing?

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I don’t follow the lack of a ballast issue you mention? Physics doesn’t change with tire size. What am I missing?
Not having smaller axles up front with smaller wheel/tire combos. Having the same weight bearing axles and tire/wheel's on both ends might prevent front tire squashing and excessive pressure on the front axle when doing FEL work. Superior traction with the tire's rubber lugs(front & rear) having more footprint on the soil. If, also for instance you had a round bale on the front and the rear traveling across the pasture it would equally distribute the weight and load bearings, ie. bouncing across the bumpy field the front axle would not take a beating, your C/G would be a lot more centered mid frame.

YMMV

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
yea them is Vinyard tractors....No Front end Loaders

Fruity neighbor has a lambo for his vinyard ...its tracked with the same long nose.

Its a bit hilly here and erosion is the concern as I gather even though the dirt is worhtless.

·
Administrator
20,350 Posts
Bigger tires may handle weight better, but they would do absolutely nothing about shifting your CG when it’s concerning front or rear implements and ballast requirements. You still need proper ballast.

Bigger, heavier machines can mask this much easier than a small footprint SCUT, but that doesn’t exclude larger machines from proper balance.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,192 Posts
You tube is your friend if you want to see what they have across the pond. My favorite is the tractor that is reversible. The back can be the front and the front can be the back.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
yea them is Vinyard tractors....No Front end Loaders

Fruity neighbor has a lambo for his vinyard ...its tracked with the same long nose.

Its a bit hilly here and erosion is the concern as I gather even though the dirt is worhtless.
Actually the do make Loaders for Many of the Vineyard Tractor Brands some are actually mounted on the rear of the Tractor

BTW there are several Importers Of the Many different European Vineyard Tractors Brands On the West coast and East Coast. Been Looking at Getting a Ferrari Vineyard Tractor for a few Years. When a Used One come Up at the Price I want to Pay I will get One.

Deere actually use to Hire of of the Italian Tractor Manufactures to Make a Model 20A Vineyard tractor for them if I remember the Model right.

Here is a link to BCS for the European Market BCS The Now Make Ferrari Tractor I think Ferrari sold it to them about 6 years ago

:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bigger tires may handle weight better, but they would do absolutely nothing about shifting your CG when it’s concerning front or rear implements and ballast requirements. You still need proper ballast.

Bigger, heavier machines can mask this much easier than a small footprint SCUT, but that doesn’t exclude larger machines from proper balance.
This would so much easier to (discuss/resolve/debate) in a bar setting than me trying to explain in our current format with my limited written communication skills. :laugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts