Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past I always had to haul a trailer around when I just needed to to carry a few things up to the orchard. When mowing one always comes across sticks that should be be ground up. Anyway a carrier is available that holds two 5 gallon pails on the rear of the X748. Since I installed a Heavy Hitch receiver hitch I had to modify it and it now captures the 2" ball rather than having a pin and clip. I welcome abuse regarding the welding job.:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
Good idea. No abuse from me on the welding job because it's working and it's better than any welding I could perform without a welder....

The ability to carry things on the rear of the tractor is always very handy. :bigthumb:

I used one of the carry all platforms which are designed to slide into the hitch receiver for my rear sprayer on my 455, it worked much better than having it in a trailer, etc as you could back up easier and it always follows you with out any issue.

The weight of the sprayer full resulted in me adding a caster wheel to the back side of the platform right in the center of the rear edge. It worked great, just make the caster wheel one with a bearing and also a tire which is inflated so it doesn't damage the turf when turning, etc. The carry all will carry plenty of weight and also things like a backpack blower, chain saws, salt spreader in the winter, etc....very handy

Aluminum Hitch Cargo Carrier - 500 lb. Capacity

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nice job. No comments on the welding from me, I'm in the beginning stages of learning as well.

On a side note, how do you like the air ride seat compared to the factory one?

Rick

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice job. No comments on the welding from me, I'm in the beginning stages of learning as well.

On a side note, how do you like the air ride seat compared to the factory one?

Rick
Haven't done any actual mowing yet to really get a feel for the seat. Have put on 5 hour picking up stuff around the around the yard, like the the diesel a lot but this one seems louder and runs at a higher RPM than the one on the 2305. Appears to be great on fuel like the other one.

BTW, the welder is a cheap, $90 90 amp wire feed from Horrible Freight, works great and is easy to use..

·
Premium Member
10,704 Posts
I have the single bucket holder on my X500. It is the best accessory I ever bought. I use it to carry everything. When mowing I keep a grabber / pickup tool in there for sticks and I also have a can of bee spray. I can't imagine have a garden tractor without one.

One thing I particular like about the single bucket holder is that it does not interfere with the hitch so I am able to still tow my 17P cart without removing the bucket.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well.... this post just created more work for me! I need one that can work with weight bracket installed. We will see what happens.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts