Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever use a 3pt. boom pole to lift their mmm deck into a vertical position for blade removal or service. I have a large frame 855 utility tractor, but right now I don't have a way of lifting that 475 pound mid mower deck for service. My thought is that a boom pole would work, and it's an attachment I can use for other situations. :munch:

·
Administrator
18,501 Posts
I've always used my loader, but no reason a boom pole wouldn't work great for lifting your mower.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Yeah, go for it. We want pics of the result.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I used a gin pole attached to my fabrication table (it's 1100# and on wheels) to raise the runway beams into place for my bridge crane. They were 800# each, and it was an easy one-man job with that contraption using a 1T chain fall hoist on the top of the pole.

When it comes time to raise rafters again, I'll be rigging up another one off the tractor.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
I've always used my loader, but no reason a boom pole wouldn't work great for lifting your mower.
Me too but a boom pole should work.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Has anyone ever use a 3pt. boom pole to lift their mmm deck into a vertical position for blade removal or service. I have a large frame 855 utility tractor, but right now I don't have a way of lifting that 475 pound mid mower deck for service. My thought is that a boom pole would work, and it's an attachment I can use for other situations. :munch:

Before I got the FEL, I always used the 3pt boom pole when servicing the mower deck. Worked great!!! Now I use the FEL.

Dave

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts
My wife's uncle has never had a FEL, always uses a boom pole or 3PH dirt scoop depending on the task.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Thinking of one myself.
Good link to check out.

Tractor Rear Crane Boom Pole Attachments For Sale

Reactions: Levi and Maddog

·
Premium Member
6,106 Posts
I used to before I bought the 790 w/300 loader, now it's part of the loader boom: FARM 042.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,291 Posts
That is an awesome idea for a loader mount boom pole. I could see that in the artillian line up.
That was the reason I bought the Artillian 3-pt adapter. I hang a large (4'x4'x4') canvas bag off my boom on the loader and I can load 4 (small) bales of hay in it and lift it right to to the 2nd floor door on my garage. I don't know that I'd want to get crazy with weight hanging out that far but for fairly light items it works pretty well.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Reactions: Gizmo2 and KD7CAO

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Ok, I will bite. What is the big tube for??????

Dave
The house sets below the level of the main sewerline at the street.
The tube is for the sewage lift pump system.

Reactions: Gizmo2
1 - 15 of 15 Posts