Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 2032R
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well friends my single point connector on my 2032R started puking fluid last time I went to look up the loader (tractor was off at the time, of course).

Anyway figured it would be a warranty item, but local dealer is swamped and not able to look at it for a bit, which didn't work for me as I need the machine soon.

Anyway the service manager said I can fele free to take it a apart and look for blown out o-rings and he would honor the warranty if it's something else that requires them to do the repair. Great!

Anyway it is an o-ring right inside one of the cupplerson the loader side. Here's some pictures for you all.
Wood Art Gas Table Twig

This is the offending coupler...
Automotive tire Wood Bicycle part Gas Rim

Blown o-ring
Hand Wood Finger Bicycle part Gas

This is how the couple is assembled
Water Wood Gas Nozzle Drill

Now let's just hope we can get a hold of the correct o-ring and it'll be fixed in 10min of my time.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,288 Posts
I believe repair parts (including o-rings and seals) are available for that. It's only the small couplers on the sub-compact SPC that had no repair parts currently.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 2032R
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe repair parts (including o-rings and seals) are available for that. It's only the small couplers on the sub-compact SPC that had no repair parts currently.
Sadly according to the dealers, no there are no part numbers for the o-rings. I reminded them that this is a warranty issue and i'd hate for them to have to buy me a whole new single point coupler just for an o-ring. They said they would see what they could find and get back to me. I suspect if may be a while as they had a line of 20 customers behind me.

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 2032R
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I get a chance, I'm going ro also take the couple component to some hydralic shops and see if they have anything that will work.

Reactions: Hoosier Daddy

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Why not buy the Deere kit of assorted o-rings? I have it and it comes in very handy to just match the old ring to the replacement. If you eventually use just a few of the o-rings it will have paid for itself, and you have plenty of spares after that.

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 2032R
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why not buy the Deere kit of assorted o-rings? I have it and it comes in very handy to just match the old ring to the replacement. If you eventually use just a few of the o-rings it will have paid for itself, and you have plenty of spares after that.
That's not a bad idea.
I just talked to a local hydralic manufacturer, they said it's not 'technically' an o-ring and is made of some sort of non-rubber material.

They said they can custom manufacture a small batch of replacements. They are going to call me back with a price later in the week.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,288 Posts
Have you read any of the other threads on SPC failures? The one for the 1025R has had quite a few seal issues.

Reactions: chex313

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,288 Posts
The seals in the SPC aren't o-rings. They a much harder material and have a square profile.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Try calling These guys. They may be able to help you get the correct O-ring seal for that connection.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,288 Posts
@Matt_Attach has actually developed some replacements for the smaller 1025R SPC. He could shed more light on this subject.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,288 Posts
Lots of info here:

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 2032R
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try calling These guys. They may be able to help you get the correct O-ring seal for that connection.
Sadly in the past when I've contacted them they refused to ship to Canada unless I was putting in a commercial sized order.

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 2032R
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The seals in the SPC aren't o-rings. They a much harder material and have a square profile.
Yes, that is what the hydralic manufacturer told me this afternoon. They said they can proabblu make me a small batch of custom made replacements. But I have to wait for them to call back with pricing and a timeline on that.

Reactions: chex313

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,288 Posts
Are they called square cut ring seals, and do you happen to know what material they are? Thanks.
They look like square cut seals and are a hard material, almost like nylon or something similar. @Matt_Attach can hopefully explain what he came up with.

@Tractor Tim has also stated he's working with Faster to get replacement seals made available.

·
Registered
2015 1025R
153 Posts
The Seal is classified as a DS131 Rod Seal in the BXX10283 SPHC couplers for the 1025R
There are different types of materials available, H-PU 95, NBR 85, EPDM 85, FKM 85 - this will need to be customer or design specified
While working on the BXX10283 kit this past year, the seal manufacture I had been working with determined the failed seal was "too soft" and "too tight" of a tolerance, so we chose to move towards a Specialized Urethane to battle what can not be changed (such as sharp edges, effects of leverage, or mechanical component function).
I had went through 4 revisions to find the sweet spot between manufacturing of the seal, and practical testing to prove out the tolerances and material selection.
Small adjustments of ~0.05 to 0.10mm adjustments with +/-0.05mm manufacturing tolerances --- yes... in (mm) :rolleyes:
You'll need to work with the seal manufacture and determine the control print dimensions of the nominal seal dimensions as well as Rod and Groove dimensions.
I've ran close to 30hrs and over ~170 connect/disconnects with the new seals (I've intentionally spent time connecting and disconnecting to review for wear effects)
It's a time consuming process... with a cost...

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 2032R
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Seal is a classified as a DS131 Rod Seal in the BXX10283 SPHC couplers for the 1025R
There are different types of materials available, H-PU 95, NBR 85, EPDM 85, FKM 85 - this will need to be customer or design specified
While working on the BXX10283 kit this past year, the seal manufacture I had been working with determined the failed seal was "too soft" and "too tight" of a tolerance, so we chose to move towards a Specialized Urethane to battle what can not be changed (such as sharp edges, effects of leverage, or mechanical component function).
I had went through 4 revisions to find the sweet spot between manufacturing of the seal, and practical testing to prove out the tolerances and material selection.
Small adjustments of ~0.05 to 0.10mm adjustments with +/-0.05mm manufacturing tolerances --- yes... in (mm) :rolleyes:
You'll need to work with the seal manufacture and determine the control print dimensions of the nominal seal dimensions as well as Rod and Groove dimensions.
I've ran close to 30hrs and over ~170 connect/disconnects with the new seals (I've intentionally spent time connecting and disconnecting to review for wear effects)
It's a time consuming process... with a cost...
Thank you kindly for the information.

I didn't realize this was such a process to get a seal made!

I have to be honest, if the seal manufacturer can't make me a seal or it fails, because my tractor is under warranty I'm just going to force the dealer to replace the entire single point and I'll scavenge the intact o-rings from the existing one. But I'm hoping the new seal will work.

Reactions: Greenbayouboy

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Might find something here.

The Viton or high temp silicone either one would probably work.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts