Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 795 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today's mission: transporting my neighbors leafs

k-DSCN4282.JPG k-DSCN4283.JPG

Oliver, my neighbor, was driving the 550 the first time and he was excited.

Well, every day is a GATOR day...

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:hi: No snow here, but if, than we need a sled for Emilia and her grandma. And I'll drive the reindeer, pardon the Gator Deere :laugh: :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
Yep, every day is a Gator day...

View attachment 268785 hey gizmo2-what was the amount of snow u think was on the ground?? 2 to 4 inches-maybe!
:dunno:

that would of mad for some good deer hunting right there. when did the wind pick up at ur place then.?

too many questions again:munch::laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,139 Posts
that would of mad for some good deer hunting right there. when did the wind pick up at ur place then.?

too many questions again:munch::laugh:
~4". Windy yesterday afternoon, lost power 3 times.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,139 Posts
jd.rasentrac, What are you using for a trailer hitch on the Gator? Smiley_Camera-1.gif
I thought I was all set with one only to discover the bumper would hit when the dump body was used.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jd.rasentrac, What are you using for a trailer hitch on the Gator? View attachment 269289
I thought I was all set with one only to discover the bumper would hit when the dump body was used.
It's the original american trailer hitch, without permission here in D :good2: I'm a naughty boy!

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
Keith , if you enlarge the first photo, looks like it is a straight 2" receiver with 1 7/8 or 2" ball.

When we had ours that is all I used ,one my hitches had a 1" down if needed I would turn receiver over and then change the ball to match.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,139 Posts
Thanks.

My bumper will hit the ball...

v8-DSCN4359.JPG

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Get a shorter receiver. I had the same issue using the standard receiver from my tractor. I found a stubby receiver at Tractor Supply that keeps the ball forward enough that the dump bed and bumper clear.
Why do you need a shorter receiver? I don't understand all the problems with the bumper aso :dunno:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Today's mission: transporting building materials

Great grandpa is an 84 years young man with an old house. After a damage at the water pipe he had to open a wall - and now it must be closed again. So he sent me to get some gypsum. A nice gator-ride in the sun!

k-DSCN4375.JPG

Well, every day is a Gator day - but tomorrows transporting issue will be better!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yesterday we had a small community meeting. Every year Doris has a little gift for the participants - and mostly it's green and yellow and alcoholic.
We put the surprises in the right packings and Santa John brought them, with his GATOR sled, to Felsberg.

k-DSCN4376.JPG

k-DSCN4381.JPG

k-DSCN4385.JPG

After visiting Felsberg Castle, Yannick was interested in a ride with the GATOR - now no more sled. And after the ride, he changed his christmas wish list...

k-DSCN4395.JPG

k-DSCN4397.JPG

Now Yannick wishes, that every day is a GATOR day!

1 - 20 of 795 Posts