Green Tractor Talk banner

781 - 795 of 795 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,139 Posts
Second......sheepishly I didn't want to get it muddy. But, it did great, just dirty tire sidewalls, which will probably come clean when I plow. I know they are made to get dirty, but the honeymoon isn't over yet. It will be some day and it won't bother me. I'm ok with the 1026R only getting a wash once a year, so it will eventually come.
It's funny how all that is. I dare say, most of us are like that.

·
Registered
11,425 Posts
It's funny how all that is. I dare say, most of us are like that.
Yes, and Jamie can use flat black touch up paint and it will just be more camouflage. ;)

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
--now see CP-wasn't that nice to just jump in the gator and do that work. what better than that-as giz says-life is good-ehh.
about ur rear mirror--i thought u had the M-model of a 835--urs is a 825?? right??? i have forgotten now-so soon--:eek:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,430 Posts
It sure is!

Funny, I hesitated on using it for two reasons. One, I hadn't taken the plow off yet and wasn't sure I wanted to mess with it my cold garage and barn. But the warm temps swayed me, and I'm glad it did.....very easy on and off. Second......sheepishly I didn't want to get it muddy. But, it did great, just dirty tire sidewalls, which will probably come clean when I plow. I know they are made to get dirty, but the honeymoon isn't over yet. It will be some day and it won't bother me. I'm ok with the 1026R only getting a wash once a year, so it will eventually come.
That process takes about 5 years for me, then I slide into a Gizmo like care about looks.:rolleyes:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,139 Posts
That process takes about 5 years for me, then I slide into a Gizmo like care about looks.:rolleyes:
The point is, you do get there. 🤣

·
Premium Member
8,023 Posts

·
Corndog Hater
11,287 Posts
about ur rear mirror--i thought u had the M-model of a 835--urs is a 825?? right??? i have forgotten now-so soon--
Yes Jim, it’s an 825M

·
Corndog Hater
11,287 Posts
Headed out for a ride yesterday. My main purpose was to check on the trees I marked to not be cut last week, as the logging started yesterday. No trouble getting around on this saturated ground, and didn’t leave any tracks that’ll need attention in the spring.

·
Premium Member
12,606 Posts
Have you asked yourself yet how you why it took you so long to get a gator.

·
Corndog Hater
11,287 Posts
Yes, yes I have. While out yesterday, I was thinking of all the things I can use it for come spring. (y)

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,139 Posts
Have you asked yourself yet how you why it took you so long to get a gator.
Yes, yes I have. While out yesterday, I was thinking of all the things I can use it for come spring. (y)
I remember those times, actually it still hits me every now and again. It all started in 2004.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
First trip to the farm in two months, cut a Gator load of dead Honey Locust for the shop in town where I loaf at times:
HPIM4373.JPG

HPIM4374.JPG

HPIM4375.JPG

Had to put a few pieces in the pickup to haul home!

Spent some time in the cabin with Dottie while we were there!

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Back to the farm yesterday, worked in the timber a couple hours, then spent an hour resting in the cabin with Dottie.

Brought another similar load back, only this one was standing dead Pig Hickory. Run the Gator into the guy's shop for them to unload next to their splitter.

781 - 795 of 795 Posts