Green Tractor Talk banner

861 - 880 of 900 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #861
I'll say it with John Deere and in german (german JD advertising)

Seems to be a good day for a gator ride today!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #864
Doris made me an Easter gift - she said, it's a JD egg cozy. But you can also use it as a face mask ...

Happy Easter to you all 🐇

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Good to see your posts today, Wolfgang! I was just thinking the other day that it had been a while since we've seen any of your adventures traveling through Germany on your Gator.

Frohe Ostern and stay healthy! I love the mask your wife made for you.

·
Corndog Hater
11,875 Posts
Happy Easter to you and Doris! Stay well!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #867
Thank you all for your best wishes - back to you again.

Yes, I hope we can make some trips with BAMBY and the Gator. First destination will be the EDERSEE - and we invited Emilia for this holidays. It will be here first sleepover in a caravan. And the next tour will bring us to the former innergerman frontier...
This time, all sightseeings are closed. But I've mounted a Pizza oven in the garden and so I needed very very very much things to built - many rides w/ the 550 to the hardware store...

And the kindergarden is closed, too. So Emilia stays at home and sometimes, grandpa has a special duty. So you see,

Every day is a GATOR day!

·
Corndog Hater
11,875 Posts
I asked my son to use some scrap lumber and come up with some side extensions for the Gator. While bagging the grass on the acre around the house, I wanted to dump the bags in the back of the Gator, parked in a central location to the mowing, and save time driving down to the dump pile and back. He wasn't overly thrilled with his work on this, but it works for me, and they remove easily!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yep, every GATOR needs a lil bit mud to look fine... 💦
Yeah, I had to move mine out of the only space in the shop to do some work on the tractor today, and so it's been sitting out in the rain. I'd just got it nice and clean and I've been fretting about it sitting outside, but I have to remind myself they're made to get dirty! ;)

·
Corndog Hater
11,875 Posts
Working on making some trails in the woods today…

·
Corndog Hater
11,875 Posts
Still using the 825M, almost everyday in fact.......

This week we trimmed up an ornamental tree, and removed a bunch of dead growth from it too.....

Yesterday hauling the bagged grass......

Today and/or tomorrow it will be hauling mulch.(y)

·
Corndog Hater
11,875 Posts
A milestone the other day....we got our trails open enough to get the Gator to the creek. Here it is literally in the creek. I need some rocks hauled up so this will help for sure. It’s a steep grade to the creek. Once we finish all the trail opening, a video may be in order.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,467 Posts
A milestone the other day....we got our trails open enough to get the Gator to the creek. Here it is literally in the creek. I need some rocks hauled up so this will help for sure. It’s a steep grade to the creek.
I wonder if BigJim ever uses his Gator for work. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
23,595 Posts
A milestone the other day....we got our trails open enough to get the Gator to the creek. Here it is literally in the creek. I need some rocks hauled up so this will help for sure. It’s a steep grade to the creek. Once we finish all the trail opening, a video may be in order.

View attachment 744858
I’m glad to see this! You have a beautiful private place there - out of sight of your crazy neighbor.

·
Corndog Hater
11,875 Posts
I’m glad to see this! You have a beautiful private place there - out of sight of your crazy neighbor.
It’s like another world back in that valley!

I sho like that model of Gator, but, can you get it with a bench seat?
You sure can. We debated about the bench seat but ultimately decided against it. We haven’t regretted it yet. But to each his own. One thing is certain, we love this XUV825M.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks.
What about general maintenance on that sucker?
Word on the street is they are a total pain in the a$$ when it comes to basic maintenance.
Oil, all filters, grease...?
What's been yer experience with it?

861 - 880 of 900 Posts