Green Tractor Talk banner

881 - 900 of 900 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well that's good to know.
I hate to name names but it "may" have been the Giz man that said they(Gators) were a PITA to work on. Sorry Giz if it weren't you.
I'd have to dig it up but I got that from somebody on here and it stuck in my head.
I like a lot about these machines but fighting simple maint is something I'd rather not deal with.

·
Premium Member
6,350 Posts
I guess I don’t know on the newer ones but the HPX is not bad. Kind of the same parts as a garden tractor with more room.

·
Registered
12,769 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,467 Posts
Well that's good to know.
I hate to name names but it "may" have been the Giz man that said they(Gators) were a PITA to work on. Sorry Giz if it weren't you.
I'd have to dig it up but I got that from somebody on here and it stuck in my head.
I like a lot about these machines but fighting simple maint is something I'd rather not deal with.
It probably was me cause they are a PITA to work on, IMO.
That said...
I think all SxS's (engine wise) are a PITA to work on.
The good thing, repairs are VERY few and far between.
AND, I'll say it again, any SxS is better than than no SxS. We are on our second machine here.

how fast u for get ole gimbal ratchet buddy
;)
I love that picture BigJim. (y)
Not to mention it's like slapping OxPath right in the head.

·
Corndog Hater
11,875 Posts
Thanks.
What about general maintenance on that sucker?
Word on the street is they are a total pain in the a$$ when it comes to basic maintenance.
Oil, all filters, grease...?
What's been yer experience with it?
So far so good. But I only got mine in November and I'm just coming up on the first oil change, so I can't answer that.......yet.

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
It probably was me cause they are a PITA to work on, IMO.
That said...
I think all SxS's (engine wise) are a PITA to work on.
The good thing, repairs are VERY few and far between.
AND, I'll say it again, any SxS is better than than no SxS. We are on our second machine here.

I love that picture BigJim. (y)
Not to mention it's like slapping OxPath right in the head. View attachment 744981
That's the kind I have - "no SXS". No maintenance at all.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Moving loam for my neighbor. It's my wifes Gator, she's driving, and the neighbor is filling the tank. Very practical 560e that holds 3 full loader loads with ease.

·
Corndog Hater
11,875 Posts
The volunteer dill had taken over the one raised bed. Yesterday I pulled it to give the carrots that are also in that bed some extra room at the end of the season. I don’t mind doing this as I love the smell of the dill. I filled the bed of the Gator!

·
Registered
23,595 Posts
The volunteer dill had taken over the one raised bed. Yesterday I pulled it to give the carrots that are also in that bed some extra room at the end of the season. I don’t mind doing this as I love the smell of the dill. I filled the bed of the Gator!

Wow -that’s a lot of dill! When Mrs C was still doing a lot of canning we used to visit a “neighbor” about 10 miles away who had a huge stand of it.

Good thing you have the Gator to haul it away. Item #417 on the usefulness of a Gator.

·
Corndog Hater
11,875 Posts
Wow -that’s a lot of dill! When Mrs C was still doing a lot of canning we used to visit a “neighbor” about 10 miles away who had a huge stand of it.

Good thing you have the Gator to haul it away. Item #417 on the usefulness of a Gator.
For some reason around here, it is hard to find at the farmers stands. So I hate to not let some of it reseed, but it’s out of control. Mrs. CP makes pickles every couple of years, she made some last year and used our own dill.

Item #418 here is hauling soccer gear out to the outer reaches of the backyard for team drills and practices. I usually have to unload all of that stuff, when I need to use it. Kids!

·
Old Pa-pa
12,149 Posts

So far I've used mine to play pick up sticks (lots more convenient for small stuff than the loader
bucket on the 4066) and haul tools from place to place.
Also done an unreasonable amount of running around and playing. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
that’s a lot of dill! When Mrs C was still doing a lot of canning
Second that, that’s a lot. Lori cans Dill pickles ever year she would love that

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Welp Gator came threw again. I was teddering hay in another field and Uncle was disking field out back to plant alafIa and he called me, “I’m Stuck”. Run to barn grab Gator and chain. Little wet there Uncle Wes.🤣. Unhooked disk and pulled it back to high ground with Gator and he was able to get out. Gator is a tank.

·
Registered
23,595 Posts
Welp Gator came threw again. I was teddering hay in another field and Uncle was disking field out back to plant alafIa and he called me, “I’m Stuck”. Run to barn grab Gator and chain. Little wet there Uncle Wes.🤣. Unhooked disk and pulled it back to high ground with Gator and he was able to get out. Gator is a tank. View attachment 753994
That’s impressive! Never thought of a Gator having enough weight/traction to do something like that.

Did you use a winch or just pull it back directly?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Did you use a winch or just pull it back directly?
Just pulled it back with a chain. Took couple tries and I was on dry ground. 4 wheel drive and differentials locked. Tires on disk were down a little.

·
Premium Member
6,350 Posts
Is that the 4010? I cant image my gator moving my 3020?

Today I moved my gator and it started right away but it turned over slow. Picked up the seat and the battery is a 2014. Can’t really complain about it.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
881 - 900 of 900 Posts