Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
i have a 55” wicked and i love it. you can specify which quick connects you want when you order it. nothing else needed if you have hydraulics to the front already.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a jd1025r and don't have a 3rd function. Does EA supply what is needed to make the hydraulic connections or do I need to look else where?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I have a jd1025r and don't have a 3rd function. Does EA supply what is needed to make the hydraulic connections or do I need to look else where?
The Artillian diverter kit will work with the EA grapple. You can check out our installation video to see how it is installed.

Tim

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
2nd the Artillian kit.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now I'm trying to decide between the EA and the Artillian grapple. I the having to get one thing from here something else from there and then piecing together bits and pieces. I ain't got time for that.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Right now I'm trying to decide between the EA and the Artillian grapple. I the having to get one thing from here something else from there and then piecing together bits and pieces. I ain't got time for that.
Here is our latest with the Artillian...

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Buying the diverter from Artillian and buying the grapple from EA isn't really "piecing together bits and pieces" IMHO. You're buying two very distinct and necessary components of a system from two vendors that sell top of the line components.

EA also sells a diverter system from _____ (it's early and I can't remember that vendor) but it's more "generic". The advantage with the Artillian system is that the hoses, the mounting bracket, etc. is sized specifically for your tractor and loader. It's about the easiest install that you're ever going to come across!!

With regards to the grapple, if you like the EA grapple, get it. I personally prefer the looks of the "clamshell grapple" that they sell over the "flat bed grapple" that Artillian sells. In my mind it looks like it would work better to pull shrubs and bushes (although Tim's video could change my mind! :laugh:).

The only thing you're going to need to source locally are the male fittings that will go on the end of the grapple hoses where they plug into female block attached to the diverter valve.

Here's another GREAT, but often not mentioned option for a diverter setup - KennyD!! Here's his website that mentions his hydraulic products. The diverter is from the same manufacturer as Artillian (which is top quality). Kenny also sells a full line of fittings, hoses, etc. My guess is that if you call EA and ask them what type of threaded ends they put on their hoses attached to their grapples, Kenny can set you up with the right fittings that will fit into the diverter system and you won't even have to make a trip to your local Tractor Supply for the fittings.

Here's my take on buying from Kenny - The quality of the product is top notch. The quality of his knowledge and service is beyond top notch!! He puts in countless hours on this board helping those of us with much less knowledge about tractors and hydraulics (which includes me) - all without pay. If I can buy something from him that's the same price range for the same quality (or better), I'm going to do it! (And I have done it!!) I like helping the people that help me (and so many others!).

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I second Kennyd, I went that route, yes more work, but fun project and much help from Kenny as requested.
As most things, the more you put into it the less overall cost :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
If this worries you then the Artillian setup is really a complete package deal-no extra pieces or parts necessary-one stop shopping and after you get it all installed then you can turn the key and grapple.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Here is our latest with the Artillian...

Tim,

Thank you for posting this video! Perfect timing to illistrate what I was saying in another post. Yes you have a grapple pulling on a tree and fence and you have a hh and you also have wheel weights on and the tractor still stood up and is tipping side to side. Standing the tractor on the front axle is not good, but its not going to break the first time you do it. Maybe after repeatedly doing that it could, but I am sure JD has thought of that and made it as indestructible as possible.

I also like your statement about the Feeling you have at that particular moment and your tires are way higher off the ground then I have ever had mine.

Have a great day!!

Go Johnny! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm currently on the list to get the wicked 55. 12 week lead time, but worth it! I have a 3025E so I had to also order the WR Long kit for hydraulics. Your setup is a bit different than mine though. The EA grapple looks amazing! Worth the wait!

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
I went with the grapple from CTA. I am very happy with it, its amazing what it will hold. I had it on my 1025R with the artillian dirvertor kit but when I got my 2038R I moved it over ti it with the WRLong 3rd function kit. Used it two weekends ago and it was more than I expected. I like it because it is a flat clam shell type not a upright rake type. I am sure you will get a lot of use out of it.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
:munch:
Following along as I’d like a grapple & T&T for my tractor sooner than later

I wish I didn’t have forks already. I’d prolly already have artillian forks and grapple

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the Artillian pallet forks and a couple other pieces, but I opted for the EA Wicked 55" and am very happy with it. I also went with the WA long 3rd function diverter ordered from EA.

Wish I had separately ordered the Artillian Diveter though, in hind sight it might have been better

Didn't get the Artillian grapple because I think the EA is easier to take off IMO.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have the WR Long grapple and diverter, excellent products and I'm quite pleased.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just to make sure I am clear on my thinking all I have to do is order the EA grapple and the diverter kit from Artillian and I will have everything I need to bolt on and be up and running?

·
Administrator
17,276 Posts
Just to make sure I am clear on my thinking all I have to do is order the EA grapple and the diverter kit from Artillian and I will have everything I need to bolt on and be up and running?
Essentially yes. Tell EA you want 1/4" ISO 5675 "AG" style male fittings on your hoses. If for some reason they will not accommodate that-tell them to ship without any QD's and we can supply them.

·
Administrator
17,276 Posts
Kenny can you supply the same diverter set up as Artillian?
No, ours it’s just the valve and electrics, theirs includes that in addition to all the hoses, QD’s and mounting hardware.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts