Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i'm looking at these for my 2720 as an alternative to the Artillian fork ($22++) shipped to Iowa. They seem sturdy based upon EA's youtube video but does anyone own these or have thoughts on the new design hardox forks? Thank you...

·
Administrator
22,629 Posts
They are brand new...wasn't even aware they where for sale yet, I doubt anyones has them.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
42" forks are kind of short aren't they?

Not sure of your tractor size, but if your tractor will handle them, I think 48" is the way to go.

·
Administrator
22,629 Posts
42" forks are kind of short aren't they?
42" is perfect for a 1, 2, and even a 3 series. I use my 42" forks A LOT, and have never wished for longer ones

·
Super Moderator
10,263 Posts
42" is perfect for a 1, 2, and even a 3 series. I use my 42" forks A LOT, and have never wished for longer ones
Same opinion here. I have Frontier 42” forks and backrest frame and they’re the perfect length IMHO. That being said longer forks are a bit easier to see ahead of the tractor hood, loader and fork frame although the length makes it somewhat more difficult to maneuver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: ridesdirt

·
Administrator
22,629 Posts
or have thoughts on the new design hardox forks?
I didn't really answer this part of the question, I think they will be very popular and quite strong, they will test them to be sure as EA has a great reputation of quality products and they do stand behind them. I'm not sure however they will be "better" than the US made Cascade tines that Artillian has.

Reactions: jdrules

·
Registered
168 Posts
@Kennyd, curious if you have the 3" wide forks or went 4" on your Artillian? I'm coming away from the longer fork mentality and thinking 42" is the way to go on these smaller tractors, just can't decide on a width. I know Artillian has three options in that length and I need to get it narrowed down.

·
Administrator
22,629 Posts
@Kennyd, curious if you have the 3" wide forks or went 4" on your Artillian? I'm coming away from the longer fork mentality and thinking 42" is the way to go on these smaller tractors, just can't decide on a width. I know Artillian has three options in that length and I need to get it narrowed down.
3" wide, there is no need for 4" forks on a 1, 2, or 3 series, just adds extra weight that you don't need.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I agree with Kenny, 3" is perfect for these smaller machines, and should allow more capacity due to less weight.

42" is the standard size fork to lift a standard size pallet. It's the industry standard to allow the most maneuverability in tight quarters, while still being able to properly support a pallet.

Reactions: Rule292 and Kennyd

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
3,671 Posts
When you say “test them” you mean it! Check out EAs videos of Ted beating the he!! out of stuff while testing it, good stuff!
I'd call that more abuse than testing, but there's nothing wrong with ensuring the lowest common denominator will also be able to not destroy their products. 🤣

·
Registered
2020 4066R, 2021 Z530R, 2019 XUV 590M
87 Posts
Not sure why anyone with a 1,2, or even a 3 would need stuff built to EA’s usual standards, the machines arent capable of lifting what the implements are built to endure…. I say this because the expense is drastically increased. If you “want”, rock on…. But dont think you “need” in most cases. EA is great at marketing, thats very obvious.

·
Administrator
22,629 Posts
For some people, it's not about the "need", but rather they want the best product their hard earned money can buy, and also support USA made products and jobs.

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Totally agree. I own the Frontier 42" forks and have never needed anything longer or beefier

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Reactions: jdrules
1 - 18 of 18 Posts