Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the general consensus about their products? He really tries to explain his thoughts/reasons for designing his products the way he does and how proud he is to offer them to consumers/customers at the prices he does. They do truly "LOOK" like they are worth the money for people that will be rough on equipment in general or maybe I should say use the equipment for xtreme duty applications. I'm an engineer by schooling lol but haven't used my degree since graduating so my thoughts on the products' designs could be totally wrong. That's why I am asking here though before purchasing.

My two purchases that I'm going to make within the next few weeks are going to be a Landscape/Root/York Rake and a Box Blade.

My thoughts on the two items are somewhat conflicting since I only have 5 acres and a LCUT tractor (JD 3033r and will never go above a JD3046r or similar sized tractor). I can see using a rake extremely hard at times so wouldn't want a cheap one that would break or bend tines so paying a tad more for an Everything Attachments xtreme duty rake might pay off in the long run since it wouldn't need very many tines over its lifetime "IF" the Italian tines are truly that much better than what other cheaper rakes use. Their product demonstration video was pretty straight forward and put the rake through some scenarios I could see myself doing. So I guess the question is whether or not $700-$900 for the rake and $375 for Gauge Wheels is overpaying for a product that could or could not be better than a cheaper option? I've never used one and could see how cheaper tines could fail compared to what the video demonstrated but then again since I don't have any experience with a rake the cheaper ones may could hold up to the abuse I plan on dishing out on it?

A box blade is something I've used before but that was on a much larger tractor so can't really compare that to a 66"-72" box blade for 30-70hp tractors. I think most box blades would hold up just fine with a lightweight LCUT tractor and as long as replacement ripper teeth and cutting edges are available then most any product should work out just fine?

Am I thinking correctly or should I not concern myself over such small things and just buy whatever I like the best? I'm not one to waste money but I'm not one to buy cheap products in general either.

I was just going to buy from a local JD dealer but they literally have zero stock of either product even though they have several stores in my region. I was just going to support local companies and try to get the products as soon as possible but that isn't an option. I am going to have to order it so now every manufacturer is an option. I was even going to just purchase a box blade from a local Tractor Supply so could just pick it up after learning that the JD dealer couldn't help and none of the local Tractor Supply stores and similar stores have stock either. I was honestly amazed how nobody seemed to keep these items in stock in the 66"-72" range but many places I contacted said they were still waiting on their first order of the season to come in. Ok ramble over. Any thoughts/opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Well it just so happen that our town is buying a 3pt plug aerator from Everything attachments.Can't comment on the quality till we get it but the price was right.Anything I buy I always look at parts availability on the equipment.Others I know that have purchased from them have had no problems.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Are their products any good? I don't know. I've never seen one in person. I do question their engineering and manufacturing processes on some of their designs (edge welding plate to thicken grapple tines for instance). Being made here is good. Many of the smaller companies are making their stuff in the US now, it's not just him.

Ted puts on a good show, but his web forum salesman Travis sank their ship with me when he started thread crapping on a thread asking specifically about another product from a competitor. I also question their business ethics with regards to being a reseller of other lines, but that's a whole nother topic.

Don't look at their prices for comparisons with other lines is the last bit of advice I'll leave you with. ASC and even TSC blow them away for King Kutter (which is also often made domestically).

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I would do a search on here. Several members have bought from them and like their products.

I have not bought from them but not because I do not want to, they are just a bit expensive for my budget on most items.

You will probably find a cheaper box blade but if you do, make sure it's I-match compatible (if you have one) and make sure it has some weight to it. Box blades need weight in my opinion to be really effective. I bought Howze for my JD400 CAT 0 and like it.

With landscape rakes, not all rakes are the same really look at the build quality. You will notice the cheap ones are pretty light and flimsy looking to me. I would say York Brand is still a leader but they price them really high but you also get a lot. I bought a Tarter heavy duty one from a local place. It wasn't the cheapest thing out there but was one of the heaviest built ones that was 5 foot. Do yourself a favor and really research the different brands of rakes you will begin to see why some are cheaper than others.

I do not think you would get a bad product from Everything Attachments but they are not cheap but they kind of make up for it if you qualify for free shipping. They are not specifically geared to JD tractors so you have to make sure whatever you get is compatible particularly with attachments that hang off your loader. Good luck. :bigbeer:

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
For giggles I looked up what the KK pro grade 84" York rake sold for at Rural King and EA. After shipping from Rural King, I'm $20 cheaper than EA's web price, and I'm not in their free shipping zone. We don't have any Rural Kings in Minnesota, so they're not a local outfit (either).

I was quoted an additional $120 postage when I inquired about a box blade from EA last year due to being out of range.

·
Registered
12,598 Posts
alfrod78, I have been watching ted's videos now for several yrs. I like his stuff too. and I like the idea most of his attachments are being built at his new shop also. I bought a 6 ft frontier rake back in 2006 at my jd dealer. their tines do bend, if u get a big enough root in between them, and don't crawl off and take it out right away, don't ask how I found out:hide::laugh: here's a pic of mine frontier stone rake.jpg and about the wheel kit, it's worth every penny for it in my book, IIRC I paid then roughly around $700 or more, and then after a couple of yrs fighting it, I broke down and got the wheel kit, that was over $300 back then. I see now frontier has changed how the wheel kit is attached now.i just drilled a hole thru my pin and made pipe adjusters(different length pieces of pipe) and did away with them collars. it now has the same setup my rear finish mower has on it. I liked that mine had a stand on it too, when I got it, but be cautious, and make sure u raise it up before starting to rake:banghead: cause it will bend easy too(twice now for it.:laugh: the I-match makes a guy forget sometimes. good luck

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
My tractor weighs 10,000 pounds,, and my rake is not EA,,, but,,
BECAUSE of the wheel kit, I believe the tines take less abuse.

Give me a 2# hammer, I could tear up an anvil,,,
a little care in use,, so far,,, with a year of use,, I have not done worse than bend one tine slightly.

Two minutes with a hammer, the tine was just fine,,,,
I have WAY more than 5 acres,,, the worst thing the rake has had to endure is clearing forest trails.
There are always roots to hang,,,

I have used the rake A LOT,,, it is so much better than a blade.

There are probably no perfect tools,, but,, my $300 used rake is pretty close.
That $300 included the wheels,, which were both flat when purchased.
One inflation,, and they have been good to go since.

I keep wondering how long that rake sat for both tires to go completely flat?? :dunno:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I purchased two 60" extreme duty box blades from EA last year. Really nice product, built like a tank and painted nicely. They weigh about 455 pounds and are good ballast too. Free shipping is a deal and they were delivered quickly. EA was easy to deal with on the phone, and I enjoy their videos, they teach me a lot. You won't be disappointed with their brand product. Only wish they came in JD green.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have a TSC Box blade and it been working fine for the last 2 years. I also a TSC rack with caster. The caster are very good but the rake tines are not. The caster do help in keeping the tines straight.

The tines can bend if they get stuck on a rock or heavy tree branch. You can been they back in place. I have not broken any yet.

I been thinking of getting a ETA rack just for the better tines.
I do have a ETA subsoiler and it is a nicely made piece.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I really like the aerator I bought from EA. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
417 Posts
For giggles I looked up what the KK pro grade 84" York rake sold for at Rural King and EA. After shipping from Rural King, I'm $20 cheaper than EA's web price, and I'm not in their free shipping zone. We don't have any Rural Kings in Minnesota, so they're not a local outfit (either).

I was quoted an additional $120 postage when I inquired about a box blade from EA last year due to being out of range.

You also have to have delivery dock access ( and capable of offloading yourself) and be a viable business, not a residential business or accept delivery at a trucking depot and pay appropriate charges. All fairly reasonable limitations given the weight and bulk of most implements, which may eliminate a few prospective customers.

-Lou

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just received my 54" Everything Attachment Box Blade this week. Knowing JD was going to be the most expensive I shopped around with their price in mind. A local dealer wanted as much for the King Kutter BB as the JD and I would have to pay shipping on top of that. I only got to play around with the BB a little this week on my drive. I'm hoping to do the whole drive latter next week. I'm not an engineer but it looks well put together and solid, and the welds look good. It came I-Match ready, although I had to use the bushings the I-match came with to get it right. I had it delivered to the business my wife works for, so that was hassle free. Since I was looking for a 54" I was limited on where to get one, since the common small sizes seem to be 48" or 60". So far I'm happy with the BB from EA, and would consider another purchase from them. :cheers:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Many thank you(s) to everyone that could comment on their products and experiences with them!!!

I think spending the extra money on the ETA Cat 1-2 with the top float slot and wheels may be the way to go. I'll have the nice tines and plenty of options on attaching it. The York Modern Rakes sure are nice and think use the same tines but I could never spend that kind of money on one attachment when I could have three for that price and do a better job since would have each individual specialty implement instead of 3-4 in one. But if I had the money to blow I'd surely snatch one up just because of how easy they are to switch between each function. Would be fun to play with for sure.

I also found a couple other rakes that use the same tines but they were the same price and mostly quite a bit higher. I even did the painstakingly searches on graigslist on my half of the US and only saw a handful of York Modern so struck out there too. But if anyone in the New York area is looking there is a decent deal or two up that way.

I'm going to be patient with the box blade and see what pops up from the few stores that said they should have them within a few weeks. KK, LandPride, or any similar brand should do if the price is right; although, they may end up costing just as much as ordering from ETA. I have a loading dock so that's not an issue and have had to use it for deliveries multiple times with freight.

It just seems like the more I search the more ETA's price is the best or within 10%. I know Ted puts on a good show but it's not fake, he does truly love his trade/craft. He's very good at being a salesman and can't fault him for that by any means. It's just in the details! He learns from all his other vendors and past experiences in manufacturing. Sometimes he builds items that aren't engineered as well as others but that's to compete with lower priced items which there's a market demand in that price range. No biggie to me at all since most manufactures have several tiers of pricing.

Again. Thanks to everyone for their input!

·
Registered
33 Posts
BTW I had to wait 2 weeks for my EA BB. I guess they build on request? :dunno:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BTW I had to wait 2 weeks for my EA BB. I guess they build on request? :dunno:
I know some items they do but can't say which ones or what percentage.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
When I bought my aerator I wanted extra spoons. When I called to order them he didn't want to sell 'em to me. He was so confident that I would never break or bend one. In the end, I convinced him that I actually wanted to buy them. I like to have the spares on the shelf.

·
Registered
386 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread. Any more input on EA box blades? I am in need of one to fix my (very) pothole laden driveway. The EA 6ft model is the same price as the Kind Kutter model at TSC.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
If it is for a driveway I would compare a box blade versus land plane.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts