Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some snow removal today and as I was backing in the garage I noticed an exclamation point flashing on the dash. The minute I stopped backing up, it stopped. No problems that I noticed and nothing was showing up in the LCD display. What's it mean?

·
Premium Member
13,835 Posts
I've had that service indicator light come on several times, every once in awhile when backing up. It indicates that two or more circuits are open at the same time according to the tech manual. I talked to my dealer about it once, he said more than likely I went from the forward pedal to the reverse pedal too quickly. It has never had any effect on anything so I don't worry about now.

Reactions: dodgeman

·
Registered
729 Posts
Mine is same way. Occasionally it flashes when backing up. Usually when barely pressing the pedal. Dealer said was nothing to worry about and it hasn’t affected anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dodgeman and PJR832

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was backing in the garage and my truck isn't normally in there so I was being careful and backing up very slowly, so that seems to match what you guys are saying. Thanks for the quick answers.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
13,047 Posts
I did some snow removal today and as I was backing in the garage I noticed an exclamation point flashing on the dash. The minute I stopped backing up, it stopped. No problems that I noticed and nothing was showing up in the LCD display. What's it mean?
Operator's Manual says:

E - Service Alert Indicator Icon - This light flashes, indicating that performance or operational problem is detected that needs to be resolved as soon as possible.

Sounds like the tractor equivalent of a vehicles "Check Engine" light.

Attachments

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Fuel level low? On my 2016 x758 it flashes the exclamation icon when the fuel tank is getting low, which also includes many times it really isn't low but I'm operating on slight slopes. Also flashes when engine temps are getting high, which happens a lot on x7-series tractors while mowing because of the radiator screen plugging quickly due to the high volume fan.

Rob

Reactions: Yank

·
Premium Member
13,835 Posts
Operator's Manual says:

E - Service Alert Indicator Icon - This light flashes, indicating that performance or operational problem is detected that needs to be resolved as soon as possible.

Sounds like the tractor equivalent of a vehicles "Check Engine" light.
That is correct, it will also be accompanied by a code in the hour display, it happened to me a handful of times before I could actually get the code written down so I could look it up. Trouble is that you need to tech manual to find out what the code means, I have one for the new 2025R, if anyone gets a code and wants to know what it is feel free to contact me and I'll look it up. Being the OP was backing up I would figure it was the same code about more than one open circuit.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wasn’t low on fuel and I didn’t see a code. I’m going to use it today and I’ll check for a code.

·
Registered
729 Posts
The code flashes usually only once. I had posted the code in a thread but can’t find it. The code says 2 circuits are open at once. Sounds like there are quite a few 2025R owners who experience this and there’s no fix or issue. Seems somewhat common

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts