Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with Exede Internet Service, a satellite internet provider?

I thought that there was a possibility of another provider, but from the sound of their reply, I may not live long enough to see that.

Registered
I have Wild Blue/Exede, been stuck with it for 8 years now. Overall it's not bad if you don't mind the latency. For web browsing I just got in the habit of Right Click>New Tab, that way I don't have to wait for a reload of the news or forum page I'm viewing after viewing the article/thread/item.

For when I am working from home, I have found satellite unbearable. That is mostly due to the number of devices I have to hop through to get things done. Usually it involves logging into the VPN just to get access to the network, then depending on the task, I have to RDP into a "Secret Server" session on an admin server, and from there I have to RDP in to one of my servers. With all that, a simple double-click is an iffy task. So for work, I use my company smartphone hotspot to ATT. We consistently get 2 bars of 4G LTE at the house.

I am seriously considering dropping our satellite internet and upgrading our cells to smartphones (yes, for personal phones we still have flip, voice only) and getting a data plan. Increased cost of cell plan would still be less than old cell plus satellite.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that isn't what I had hoped for. I talked to the installer/dealer last night and found out that my neighbor had it installed just a couple days before he left for Florida. He will be home in a couple weeks, so I can see what he has and how it works. I've dealt with crap service from Frontier for 3 1/2 years so another couple weeks isn't bad. I looked on their website, but I can't remember the name of the plan.

Thanks for the information. I appreciate you taking the time to explain it.

Premium Member
Sat internet stinks

Try Hughes.net. It isn't great, but in my experience it's better than Excede. Be sure to ask about the gen5 Hughes.net to get the best they have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts