Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was out doing a bit bush cutting this morning, when I noticed this metal stake laying on the lane, had an orange end on it. Wondered where it came from, figured the bush hog picked it somewhere (there used to be junk yard in this location), oh well no big deal. Finished what I was doing, went next down to some cutting for neighbor, took 20 min or so, then went down to store to fuel the tractor. As I was heading to the store, I thought the AC wasn’t very cold. When I got there , I opened the to look, and this is what I found.

It was an old survey marker in the bushes.
checked price for grill LVU30878 , will be about $130, the condenser [h=1]LVA18420 will be about $550 or so after taxes.[/h]

Attachments

·
Registered
23,525 Posts
I am guessing you didn’t have your loader on.

Very important when brush hogging unfamiliar ground or high grass. Carry your bucket a couple inches off the ground - this will eliminate most obstacles like this.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am guessing you didn’t have your loader on.

Very important when brush hogging unfamiliar ground or high grass. Carry your bucket a couple inches off the ground - this will eliminate most obstacles like this.

I usually do have the loader on, but was only going to be mowing grass and small bushes. I forgot about corner marker. Oh well, accidents happen.

·
Premium Member
10,538 Posts
That sucks. :banghead:

I don't think CP would approve of that survey marker.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but don't forget the cost included to have someone evac the AC system of air and refill with freon once the condenser is changed, unless you have the capability to do this yourself.

But you're right, sh#* happens to all of us! If it didn't something would be wrong!

·
Old Pa-pa
12,120 Posts
Dang, hate to see that.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Those AC parts seem cheap.

Had a tweety bird do a suicide run into the grill of the Dodge. AC condensor was 900. Took out the compressor by the time I figured out what was up.
.A few days later:gizmo:

After 240,000 mi on the Dodge ,I'm at just shy of 5K for AC repairs ..and counting.. Its gonna be 97 tomorrow and current compressor is on its last yee-haw. Already took the shim out of the clutch to baby it along a bit more.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but don't forget the cost included to have someone evac the AC system of air and refill with freon once the condenser is changed, unless you have the capability to do this yourself.

But you're right, sh#* happens to all of us! If it didn't something would be wrong!

but....the good news is he wont have to pay to evacuate and reclaim the old freon....:laugh:.......gotta find a bit of humor in a very unfortunate situation.....hopefully he wont have to pay for resurveying the corner in either...++1 for grill guards

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Ugh... THAT is a bummer.

Reminds me of years ago when my dad was clearing brush with his old International loader, has a 4 cylinder gas engine with exhaust that is routed downward and out the back. He went over a large sapling in just the right way, it went up into the engine and ripped off the cast iron exhaust manifold. He was able to weld it up but what a bit of bad luck.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I am a land surveyor and I don’t approve of that marker. I first thought it wasn’t but I see a little bit of old flagging. I wonder if it was just set next to the actual corner to help locate it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
going to take the condenser to work with me and see if the HVAC guys can repair it. If they can, it might ending costing me $20 at the most for Freon, more then likely won’t cost me anything.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am a land surveyor and I don’t approve of that marker. I first thought it wasn’t but I see a little bit of old flagging. I wonder if it was just set next to the actual corner to help locate it.
There could be, it was on the corner between me and the neighbor.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
There could be, it was on the corner between me and the neighbor.
I'd go looking for it while the area is fresh in your mind.

I've got 8 markers spread across 1 mile of property line..It cost a bit of $$$ to get them all located. Still have 1 missing but its in a straight line with 3 others.

If it was flat it would have been easy...500' of elevation change ,poisonoak , etc.

I keep the corner markers clean with a post on my side of all of them.

Having 8 bordering neighbors is a mental challenge @ times.

·
Registered
797 Posts
My previous Kubota L3900 (I think that's the model) had a short hydraulic connector pipe underneath the chassis from the front to the rear case. I managed to run over a stick or something and broke that short pipe, there went 24 quarts of hydraulic fluid on the ground. :unknown:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My previous Kubota L3900 (I think that's the model) had a short hydraulic connector pipe underneath the chassis from the front to the rear case. I managed to run over a stick or something and broke that short pipe, there went 24 quarts of hydraulic fluid on the ground. :unknown:
been there done that. On my previous tractor ,a 4110, the trans fill was below and a bit in front of the seat. Was going to plow snow this one morning, took cap off to add a bit oil, got distracted, forgot to put cover back on, made 3 swipes across driveway before I noticed the oil, pump over a gallon out over the driveway.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts