Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm expecting the bidding to get pretty fierce for this one. The 101 was one of Theo Brown's designs and projects. Too bad Deere didn't let it go further. Allis Chalmers came out with the G not long after the 101 project was scrapped.

Second row from top, middle picture.
Aumann Auctions, Inc. - Ron & Barb Koogler John Deere Collection

·
Administrator
20,880 Posts
I guess I don't understand the theory behind that style of tractor. That is one heck of a collection.

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
I guess I don't understand the theory behind that style of tractor. That is one heck of a collection.
They were to be mainly a "cultivating tractor".

There was quite an article on this one in "Antique Power" magazine several years ago! ~~ Lowell

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
They were to be mainly a "cultivating tractor".

There was quite an article on this one in "Antique Power" magazine several years ago! ~~ Lowell
Lowell is absolutely right. This was back just before the era or maybe close to when we started spraying everything with poison.

And, also prior to women giving birth to genetically modified kids. Think pre–Monsanto.:lol:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow

Not 100% sure, but somebody said the 101 sold for $240,000.

If that's true then the previous owner made a heck of a good investment even after the auctioneer gets his/their cut.

He was said to have paid around $35,000 when he bought it.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I'd love to see a price list of what everything sold for.
That was one of those auctions that if it was close to me, I would go just to look at everything and see how high the bidding went.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Lowell is absolutely right. This was back just before the era or maybe close to when we started spraying everything with poison.

And, also prior to women giving birth to genetically modified kids. Think pre–Monsanto.:lol:
I miss cultivating. Never thought I would find myself saying that because as a kid on a Super A it wasn't very nostalgic, or fun. :laugh:

Sitting here today though, I'd love to have that little old Farmall and a 40 acre field to cultivate...and the time to do it. I guess I'm seeing CultiVision in hindsight. :thumbup1gif: I saw a couple of A's and some IH 100/ 140s at the fair. I spent a few extra minutes with them, pointing out to my better half how all the cultivators mounted and why the tractor was offset the way it was.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Semi related, I got a new auction update from Aumanns yesterday, and if you think the Koolger auction was crazy, go look for the Jim Erdle auction. Aumanns has enough in this one that they mailed out a VERY nice 14 page booklet for this one. No deeres to speak of, but if your into the OLD and unusual stuff, this is the one. 4 days in september with the 19th being the preview day. Im not going because its in new york...way to far for me to go, but there are some really neat items on this one.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Semi related, I got a new auction update from Aumanns yesterday, and if you think the Koolger auction was crazy, go look for the Jim Erdle auction. Aumanns has enough in this one that they mailed out a VERY nice 14 page booklet for this one. No deeres to speak of, but if your into the OLD and unusual stuff, this is the one. 4 days in september with the 19th being the preview day. Im not going because its in new york...way to far for me to go, but there are some really neat items on this one.
Thanks for the info. Will be fun just to look.

Almost sounds similar to one that Kruse did a few years ago. Trying to recall where it was at. Maybe Nebraska or Mo.
I still have the paper. Think that was the auction that Kruse allegedly got in trouble for.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I kinda rememeber hearing something about a high end auction up in Nebraska where things got sideways...never really knew all the details or the fallout, but remember hearing guys complain for quite sometime....is kruse still doing those high end auctions? I dont remember seeing them for awhile now.

There is a crazy car auction coming up in peirce Nebraska in September. Valdrebrinks (sp) two days 500+ old cars

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only ones I've noticed Kruse doing now are oil field related. Usually lots of miscellaneous parts, drilling rigs, trucks, loaders, generators, winches, etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here ya go everybody. The John Deere sign(pg 2 lot 30), the coffin block A(pg 3 lot 56), and the 101(pg 4 lot 82) were the highlights. Amazing. I have always been amazed at how good advertisers Aumanns are. They treat people fair and run a great Auction service. The 101 was definitely a very sought after tractor as is the coffin A. It seems like I seen a coffin sell for $7k about 10 years ago and I thought it was nutty at the time, but now wish I would have bought it.

Aumann Auctions, Inc.

Blake

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
WOW!
I'm surprised the guy didn't have an unstyled D or GP in the mix. He seemed to have one of everything else.:laugh:

·
Administrator
20,880 Posts
Can't believe that tractor sold for a quarter million....Wow that's some expensive iron.

·
Registered
12,077 Posts
Can't believe that tractor sold for a quarter million....Wow that's some expensive iron.
Because of what it is and the rarity, I thought it might bring more. Does anyone know where it ended up?

Maybe I have been watching too many Barrett-Jackson car auctions.:laugh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts