Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Extension Wings are now being made for the 54 Plow (and would probably work on others too). They are on the website for pre-ordering. I expect them to be shipping in 1-2 weeks.

54 Plow Products

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi All,

Extension Wings are now being made for the 54 Plow (and would probably work on others too). They are on the website for pre-ordering. I expect them to be shipping in 1-2 weeks.

54 Plow Products
I made a one side extension for my rear Frontier blade as can be seen in the picture. I would not mind to extend the other side a little, too. Can your front blade extension be used at the rear blade, and if that is possible, could I buy a single extension instead of the two?

Attachments

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made a one side extension for my rear Frontier blade as can be seen in the picture. I would not mind to extend the other side a little, too. Can your front blade extension be used at the rear blade, and if that is possible, could I buy a single extension instead of the two?
Hudsoner,

1- Nice job!

2- I would think they will have the same effect on any plow. But these are made for an 18" tall plow. Being rubber, they could be cut however you want. However, they have a left and right side so they are sold as such, not as single pieces. Maybe find someone on the other side of the globe who could use the other end? :laugh: Sorry, couldn't resist.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hudsoner,

1- Nice job!

2- I would think they will have the same effect on any plow. But these are made for an 18" tall plow. Being rubber, they could be cut however you want. However, they have a left and right side so they are sold as such, not as single pieces. Maybe find someone on the other side of the globe who could use the other end? :laugh: Sorry, couldn't resist.
That with the other side of the globe is actually a good idea! if there weren't the problem with no snow! I have a friend in Australia, I am sure he would shre with me, the problem is in Sydney they have no snow, and in the city he cannot do much with that piece of stiff rubber!
I think I have to find a single piece source.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That with the other side of the globe is actually a good idea! if there weren't the problem with no snow! I have a friend in Australia, I am sure he would share with me, the problem is in Sydney they have no snow, and in the city he cannot do much with that piece of stiff rubber!
I think I have to find a single piece source.
Hudsoner,

Let me know what you are looking for. I have access to more rubber products than they found in Clinton's oval office desk drawers. :laugh:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hudsoner,

Let me know what you are looking for. I have access to more rubber products than they found in Clinton's oval office desk drawers. :laugh:
But, will yours fit over a cigar? :hide:

·
Administrator
20,699 Posts
Artillian gives you wiings! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hudsoner,

Because of the fact that they don't have any real snow in Arkansas (din't he bring them from there?), I have my doubts whether these rubber items are tough enough to be used at my rear blade to help in snow cleaning. Additionally. I bet that most of them have only one hole, but I need some rubber with multiple larger holes in it.
If you find some that would withstand north western Wisconsin winters, and has several holes, let me know!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was sort of trying to infer that the rubber products were more "the cigar", rather than a covering. :laugh:
Ouch, that's gotta hurt. :focus:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
In keeping with the Clintonesque references... "I wanna plow oftener, wider an' bigger!"

Just pushed the PAY NOW button!

·
Registered
20 Posts
just ordered the 54"plow and Quick Hitch from local dealer, should be about 21/2 week for it. Also just order the wing and snow edge. I'm hoping we will get more snow so I can use it this winter. :laugh::laugh:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just ordered the 54"plow and Quick Hitch from local dealer, should be about 21/2 week for it. Also just order the wing and snow edge. I'm hoping we will get more snow so I can use it this winter. :laugh::laugh:
Congrats and thanks. You might be the first person in history to never have to endure using the 54 plow out of the box. Similar to one of today's youngsters having no idea what it's like to get up and turn a dial to change tv channels. :laugh:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Chris, while I am sure your plow wings are quite extraordinary I don't know that they are in quite the same category as the TV remote control. nice try though.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chris, while I am sure your plow wings are quite extraordinary I don't know that they are in quite the same category as the TV remote control. nice try though.
Yes, you're right. The remote control is a bit of an undershoot. It's along the lines of Jonas Salk's polio vaccine. Yeah, that's better. Good catch. Thanks. :laugh:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Its offical no more snow for western Ohio

This was a busy day. I was at the local John Deere dealer getting the new snow plow put on and having 50hrs hyd service done. Then home for lunch. Put together the wings and snow edge on the new plow, so now there will be no more snow for the western Ohio area. As an only child it was my job to change the tv so some times its ok to skip a step or two in my old age. :lol: I like to thank you for a great looking item
Very easy to install and instruction easy to follow. can't wait to use it, even if it means going out and playing in the yard:lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
is there any reason these couldn't be mounted to the front of the Moldboard instead of behind it? i don't have a JD branded 54" plow, mine has a support structure behind the Moldboard. thoughts? how thick is the rubber these are made of?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts