Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing my annual change from mower to blower and cozy cab and I found this part when I was done. I have a 1025r compact tractor. I don’t know where it came from and everything seems to work fine. I was in hoping that someone might know what it is so I can put it back. I have attached a picture of the part. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you are right as I see it on the internet as part of the seat. I need to find a good view of where it goes and maybe when I get the seat up I will see the placement. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
If you are still under warranty contact your dealer as they will change entire seat frame.
If not look to the seat thread and join the rest of us who had to fix it ourselves.:banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
If you have a TLB its the seat rotation llever there have been several threads about this piece. I think Deere has a new design for it and is a warranty piece. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I agree with the others . It appears to be the infamous broken seat rod . Good Luck :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Yep, it is definitely the swivel seat linkage. Looking at the picture, it is the old style linkage which is less than reliable. JD has upgraded their swivel seats which included upgrading this linkage. The jury is still out concerning the reliability of their upgrade.
Mine linkage rod broke two times, once under warranty but before the JD upgrade was released and the second time mine was out of warranty. That is when I did this. http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/76193-1025r-tractor-loader-backhoe-swivel-seat-linkage-rod.html

·
Registered
377 Posts
As mentioned above by everyone - seat linkage. I lost mine last year, never fixed it because it doesn't hurt anything. The seat still swivels but you have to manually lift it when you rotate it or it doesn't lock in correctly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks

I just sent a note to the dealer to see how to proceed and thanks to all of you on the heads up as to what the part was and that there was a fix for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts