Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this goes in this section thread or the general ownership thread, so if it needs to be moved, someone please move it.

My questions is this: What extra parts or fluids should i keep on hand? I have a 2017 3025e. Right now i just have some extra engine oil and hydro oil. Do you guys keep extra filters on hand or just buy them when you need to do a service. How about extra grease tubes? Nuts and Bolts? Pins?

I'm just looking for some ideas of what others do that might work for me as well. I am going to try to do as much service and maintenance as i can on my machine and want to make sure i am set up correctly for it.

Thanks for feedback!

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
I have a 2032R but I think the same sort of thing applies to all tractors.

I keep a case of oil, 5 gallons of hydro fluid and a filter kit on hand. I usually order filter kits 2 at a time. When I use the 2nd kit I order 2 more. That way I always have a spare kit of all the filters on hand. And I usually buy 3 or 4 tubes of grease at a time. One gets loaded into the grease gun and the others go on the shelf to get used as needed.

I have some bins of general hardware so I don't keep any specific nuts/bolts around except for a plastic baggie with the shear bolts that come with implements. I keep that baggie in an ammo can along with a bunch of iMatch bushings and a couple of pin kits like these:

Hairpin Kit
Cotter Pin Kit
Clevis Pin Kit

I have a handful of lock pins too. Lots of times the lock pins and clevis pins can fill in for a bolt on a temp basis until I get the correct part.

The box also has a tire patch/plug kit in it, another plastic box that has spares for all the fuses the tractor uses in it and a few spare plastic caps for the hydro lines.

·
Premium Member
10,968 Posts
As far as parts there really isn't much you need to keep on hand. I mean most folks have an assortment of cotter pins, lynch pins, hair pins, etc.

For maintenance items I see you already have some engine and hydraulic oil. I also keep a supply of coolant on hand. I like to keep enough fluids on hand that I could do a maintenance at any time if I needed to. I find it helpful to always have at least one set of filters on hand... in fact I keep a couple engine oil filters on hand as I usually buy a couple when they are on sale. You should also have an extra fuel filter(s). I'm not sure how cold it gets in your area of N.C. but if you ever have a fuel gelling problem in the winter typically the only way you'll get the tractor running is by changing the fuel filter.

It never hurts to keep a handful of grease tubes on hand. The 14 oz. tubes don't go far and the grease gun has a habit of running dry just when you need it. There are places on your tractor that require some spray lubricant so it's a good idea to keep a can of that on hand.

It helps to look through the owners manual and see what fluids and lubricants are required for the various service intervals and always keep those on hand.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2032R but I think the same sort of thing applies to all tractors.

I keep a case of oil, 5 gallons of hydro fluid and a filter kit on hand. I usually order filter kits 2 at a time. When I use the 2nd kit I order 2 more. That way I always have a spare kit of all the filters on hand. And I usually buy 3 or 4 tubes of grease at a time. One gets loaded into the grease gun and the others go on the shelf to get used as needed.

I have some bins of general hardware so I don't keep any specific nuts/bolts around except for a plastic baggie with the shear bolts that come with implements. I keep that baggie in an ammo can along with a bunch of iMatch bushings and a couple of pin kits like these:

Hairpin Kit
Cotter Pin Kit
Clevis Pin Kit

I have a handful of lock pins too. Lots of times the lock pins and clevis pins can fill in for a bolt on a temp basis until I get the correct part.

The box also has a tire patch/plug kit in it, another plastic box that has spares for all the fuses the tractor uses in it and a few spare plastic caps for the hydro lines.
Awesome! Thank you! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as parts there really isn't much you need to keep on hand. I mean most folks have an assortment of cotter pins, lynch pins, hair pins, etc.

For maintenance items I see you already have some engine and hydraulic oil. I also keep a supply of coolant on hand. I like to keep enough fluids on hand that I could do a maintenance at any time if I needed to. I find it helpful to always have at least one set of filters on hand... in fact I keep a couple engine oil filters on hand as I usually buy a couple when they are on sale. You should also have an extra fuel filter(s). I'm not sure how cold it gets in your area of N.C. but if you ever have a fuel gelling problem in the winter typically the only way you'll get the tractor running is by changing the fuel filter.

It never hurts to keep a handful of grease tubes on hand. The 14 oz. tubes don't go far and the grease gun has a habit of running dry just when you need it. There are places on your tractor that require some spray lubricant so it's a good idea to keep a can of that on hand.

It helps to look through the owners manual and see what fluids and lubricants are required for the various service intervals and always keep those on hand.
Ok, thanks! I like the idea of some extra coolant, i hadn't thought of that one. I do need some extra grease as well. :good2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts