Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m gonna ditch the expensive EZ Change system on my E130. Anyone know the thread pitch on the filter? I know there’s a kit but seems like all I need is a nipple for the conventional filter and another in place of the drain plug. I don’t think it’s 1/2” NPT. Thanks

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
Looks like the kit also contains an extension pipe for the drain plug with a cap to get it away from the frame or engine.

It appears in the kit they use a regular pipe thread for the extension and cap. I would take the filter to the store and confirm the threads with the nipples just to be sure.

Here is a picture of the kit...

John Deere Easy Change Conversion Kit - AUC12916-KIT

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Shipping was outrageous on the kit. I tried a 1/2” nipple but it’s not quite the right size.
Were you not ordering from our site supporter GFP?

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,704 Posts
On top of the discount their prices are very reasonable and their shipping is either very inexpensive or free and fast!
I like GFP and use them for almost everything but I have found their parts prices are always exactly the same as local dealer pricing (not factoring in the discount of course).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay I figured it out. The thread pitch is 1/2-16 but I also found part number for nipple AM131611 and drain pipe MIU13767.
About $10 for both. I already have filters so a quarts of oil and I’m good. Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
10,704 Posts
Okay I figured it out. The thread pitch is 1/2-16 but I also found part number for nipple AM131611 and drain pipe MIU13767.
About $10 for both. I already have filters so a quarts of oil and I’m good. Thanks all.
JD listed the individual parts required in the instruction sheet posted on the first page. ;-)

AM131611 (1) Drain Pipe Assembly
MIU13767 (1) Threaded Nipple
AM125424 (1) Oil Filter

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I like GFP and use them for almost everything but I have found their parts prices are always exactly the same as local dealer pricing (not factoring in the discount of course).
You have a good dealer then. Lots of other online retailers and dealers, and not just Deere, markup parts over book when selling over the counter. A few sell exactly at book, and then there are those that consistently sell at 5-25% less than book usually online. By reasonable I meant that they are fair and don’t up charge, and are sometimes less than book.

·
Premium Member
10,704 Posts
You have a good dealer then. Lots of other online retailers and dealers, and not just Deere, markup parts over book when selling over the counter. A few sell exactly at book, and then there are those that consistently sell at 5-25% less than book usually online. By reasonable I meant that they are fair and don’t up charge, and are sometimes less than book.
If you create an account on JD Parts you can see exactly what your chosen dealer charges for a particular part and also see which of their locations (if multiple) have it in stock. You can order parts for pick up at the dealer (I think you can also have them shipped to you).

I'm okay with discounts but get very unhappy about anyone charging OVER list. But then who doesn't. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts