Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling a genuine John Deere MX5 brush cutter and 60D mower deck with all mounting brackets and actuator.
Acquired these as a package deal but only needed a plow. ( got a AF11E )
The brush hog was never used and is in near perfect condition. It has the clutch style vs pin.
Asking $2700

The Mower deck was used for approximately 10-15 hours and comes with everything needed to mount.
Asking $2500

Flexible on price and can do a package deal if you were to buy both.
I am located in Worcester, Ma area and prefer local pickup. If purchased I can load these on a trailer for you at my house.

I'll upload pictures by the weekend. It is currently listed on craigslist and marketplace as well.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I obtained an MX-5 last year. I had a Frontier LX-5 using with my JD4400....it seemed slightly light....however I found a gentleman that had an MX-5 and he tried to use it with his 32 h.p. JD and found his tractor too light....my 4400 has 35 h.p. and is heavier....I did a $400 swap boot and the LX5 worked great on his tractor and the MX5 worked great on mine. The MX5 has a larger grinding chamber and does a lot nicer job than the flatter LX5 however the lift height at the 3 point is a little less due to the width of the deck. Excellent machine and it looks like your's is priced right. These are well over $3500 new. Since it hasn't been used it may still be under warranty.. Good luck with your sale....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
** Bump ** Surprised no one has jumped on this.
Like mentioned, both are in excellent shape and include everything to mount.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I bought my MX5 to replace my old Covington/Dorsey cutters that were 35-50 years old. What you’re asking is about what I would have to get for mine with only 25 or so hours on it.

I used to run it on my Ferguson 135 last year but bought the 4520 recently and it run really well on it. The 5 footer may be a little small for the 4520 and a MX6 would cut the tracks out completely. The MX5 is a very smooth running implement but hard as heck to take the blades off to Sharpen. You have to have a torque multiplier or a 1” impact to remove the nuts. I think the torque value on the nuts is around 700 Ft-lbs.

Very good cutter and well worth the money you are asking. GLWS

Attachments

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanted to update this thread with recent pictures taken today. They include detailed ones of the frame mower mounts and additional pieces which were off a 2016 JD 3046R.
I noticed one of the bolts / hardware has a bend to it. Most likely from when I transported it / strapped it down. Other than that everything is in good shape.
Willing to separate or do a package deal.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts