Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 1025R
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I measured wrong when I got the PTO shaft for my tiller and it ended up being too short. While I think it may be too short now for any applications, it is brand new and aside from being short is complete with a slip clutch, u-joints and couplers. Asking $100, and because of it's weight, local pickup only or can meet within a reasonable distance of the Smithfield, VA area.

Wood Gas Metal Auto part Jewellery

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Wood Vehicle brake

Hand Finger Insect Thumb Soil

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
How long is it collapsed?

You maybe can ship it in a large flat rate USPS box for about $20 anywhere in the USA.

Reactions: SchellMatt

·
Registered
2020 1025R
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll get the measurement tomorrow or Wednesday for you. I'll also get a weight and check with USPS, but I don't think it will fit in one of their flat rate boxes.

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
The limit is 70 pounds, and remember the shaft comes apart too so you can pack it better, or even use two boxes.

I don't need it...I'm just trying to help you sell it ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,283 Posts
I measured wrong when I got the PTO shaft for my tiller and it ended up being too short. While I think it may be too short now for any applications, it is brand new and aside from being short is complete with a slip clutch, u-joints and couplers.
That appears to be a Eurocardan driveshaft. I'd disassemble the shaft and try to order replacement inner and outer slide tubes.
  • Disconnect the plastic tubes from the plastic end-bells.
  • Remove the split lock collars at the u-joint yokes.
  • Drive the roll pin out at the yokes and the inner and outer slide tubes will be free. Parts can be ordered and replaced.
  • You should also be able to order new plastic shield tubes
For a little over $100 you can buy a complete new non-slip clutch driveshaft and use the slide tubes and shields to repair your slip clutch driveshaft.

Eurocardan Driveshaft

Reactions: ClydeLogan

·
Registered
JD4600 loader/backhoe, JD2210 loader mower, JD332 mower,
138 Posts
Maybe you already have the longer replacement. In that case, ignore everything below....

I went through the same issue with a too-short PTO shaft and went through everything that @
Superglidesport is talking about to get longer tubes. It was a bit of a project, but mostly because I've never had to deal with this before. Here's the thread covering the project.
All together it cost about $60 to get new longer tri-lobe tubes, vs HUNDREDS to get a complete new shaft. The most difficult part of the rework was getting the tubes out of the U-joint yokes. They're pretty tight, so a press would have made that part much much easier. Make sure you identify what "series" PTO shaft you have.

·
Registered
2020 1025R
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DanMC & superglidesport, I already have a replacement, but thanks for the info, who knows it may come n handy in the future.

Kennyd,
I measured and the longest section is right at 16" so I have my doubts as to whether it will fit, BUT I will go by the USPS and grab one of the ex large boxes and see if I can squeeze it in somehow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts