Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I hadn't used my mower in about 10 days. Went to start it and fairly new battery was dead. Had it charged and it started up fine but when I release the brake the engine shuts down. Can anyone help? Thanks.

·
Administrator
21,063 Posts
Welcome to DT Mike...Do you have a voltmeter? Checking the voltage both with and without the machine running is a good place to start. Just because the battery is "new" does not really mean a thing.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Just off the cuff, I would check the seat switch and neutral safety (if equipped).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Keeps shutting down when brake released.

If there is enough amperage to crank the machine I would say the battery is ok. The seat switch or some other fail sage switch is causing the problem IMHO...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Keeps shutting down when brake released.

It sounds as if you might have a short to ground somewhere in your fail safe switch circuit. Hence the reason the battery voltage was drawn down. Check your safety switch circuit out and look for continuity to ground with a ohm meter. disconnect the negative battery lead on the battery before taking measurements. Disconnect the seat switch and measure both wires to ground. You might see a kick on your meter needle when checking the pink wire. The yellow wire though should not show any continuity unless something is wrong. The yellow wire carries the Plus (+) battery voltage. With the negative battery lead disconnected there should not be any continuity to ground. At least thats the way I read the schematic for a X495....Try it and see....

Regards
Cockyfox

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.