Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, trying to help my neighbour with his F911, ran great, shut it off and went to restart and it won’t crank, everything lights up and beeps but won’t crank. If I jump the starter it fires up and runs but PTO won’t engage,
Key switch is fine
Is there a recommended way to check the safety interlocks. Anything would help
Thanks for your time

·
Registered
9,406 Posts
There is a cheap gray dpdt pressure switch under the seat that could easily fail and cause similar fail. It blows when the pto wears out, but that failure is only one pole preventing pto function.

·
Registered
77 Posts
There is a cheap gray dpdt pressure switch under the seat that could easily fail and cause similar fail. It blows when the pto wears out, but that failure is only one pole preventing pto function.
Have you ever ohm'ed out a seat switch to see if it sends back a resistance reading or does it just complete the circuit? If it simply completes a circuit it would be easy to bypass to make sure it's correct before replacing.

·
Registered
9,406 Posts
Have you ever ohm'ed out a seat switch to see if it sends back a resistance reading or does it just complete the circuit? If it simply completes a circuit it would be easy to bypass to make sure it's correct before replacing.
I’m not talking about the seat switch. That is spst.

Yes either one is easy to test continuity though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts