Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have an F911 that sat all winter. I did start it a few times over the down season, it started typical for not being ran very often. I went to move it the other day to get it closer to tools etc to get ready for mowing and after moving it behind the barn, it won't start again. I do get dash lights, but no cranking at all. I was going to jump start it, but how do you do that when the seat is up to get at the battery?? The seat switch worked normally when it was running, so I am not sure how to even jump start this one?? Any thoughts?? It seems weird that it started, and now nothing.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Not sure on the specifices on a F911 but based on my old F932 you should be able to start with the seat up as long as the brake is set and the PTO is off.

Since the dash lights are on and it doesn't even try to crank I would say you have a wiring issue, possibly a bad switch. Work the PTO switch a times and make sure its off, same with the brake and make sure its set. Do one thing at a time so you can narrow the problem down. If that doesn't resolve it try jumping the starter directly, if it doesn't go then its a starter issue. You can try tapping the starter housing with a hammer to jiggle the brushes.

If it does go then its a wiring issue, bad safty switch, PTO switch, key switch, starter relay, broken wire.....

The seat switch is easy to disconnect and jumper to rule it out completely.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey all, I think my issue was a very corroded positive cable. I replaced it and now it seems to work normally. Part of my issue was the parking brake / key switch. The brake was in the wrong position, allowing it to start but die when I tried to move. Thanks all for looking!!! Enjoy the Memorial weekend!!

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Definitely clean the terminals.

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 4 of 4 Posts