Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum. Hope I am posting in the right place.
I just purchased a very used F935 mower. I am trying to rebuild it. Motor runs fine. I changed all the filters and fluids. The problem is I can't get it to move forward. The only way it will move forward, is if i push the axle lock pedal. That only powers the left drive wheel.
Any ideas on where my problem is?

·
Registered
4 Posts
That sounds like a broken axle.
So let me get this right, it moves forward, but only if you lock the axle in addition to pushing the forward pedal?

If so, he's probably right. I was thinking of transport valve stuck down like I had a couple nights ago.

But mine wouldn't move forward at all. ( I didn't try locking the axle).

However just for grins:

Here's a procedure for that.

Check the "buttons" on top of the transmission under the seat. Sometimes called transport valves. If one of them is pushed down then that's your culprit. I had the same problem after moving mine and ended up having to remove the valve and work the button back up. Once it's back up, I cleaned and sanded it (top surface only, not the part that goes into the transmission) then reinstalled after a generous dose of penetrating oil (top surface only) and making sure it would spring back freely.

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
So let me get this right, it moves forward, but only if you lock the axle in addition to pushing the forward pedal?

If so, he's probably right. I was thinking of transport valve stuck down like I had a couple nights ago.

But mine wouldn't move forward at all. ( I didn't try locking the axle).

However just for grins:

Here's a procedure for that.

Check the "buttons" on top of the transmission under the seat. Sometimes called transport valves. If one of them is pushed down then that's your culprit. I had the same problem after moving mine and ended up having to remove the valve and work the button back up. Once it's back up, I cleaned and sanded it (top surface only, not the part that goes into the transmission) then reinstalled after a generous dose of penetrating oil (top surface only) and making sure it would spring back freely.
If the valve is stuck it won’t move even with the lock engaged. It probably won’t back up a hill without using the lock either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts