Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Premium Member
Doo the math on the loan.
I bet new @ 0% is better.

Are you gonna get 7K of use out of BH..??

You got a place to store it inside?

BH is great for strait line digging ,small stumps..etc.

A mini ex is worlds apart and you'll never go back to a BH.

Walk your property and see what projects a BH might work for.

Demo one or rent one and figure it out b4 dropping the cash for a ho.
The positive about a Hoe, when you're done with it, generally it'll sell for 50%+ of what you paid for it if in good+ shape. So 7k is actually 3.5k. 馃槑

Premium Member
"Again, I know it's a personal decision, but what has been your experiences? Does the backhoe get used a much a you would like? Or should I skip this one and save quite a bit of money that I can use on other implements?"

All in so far, 14 months and about $28000 spent with 260 hrs., it costs me about 108 bucks an hour. Project that out to next year at this time it's only costing me 50 bucks an hour. That's if I don't buy more stuff..., and if you look at it that way.

I have the loader, backhoe, tiller, forks, posthole from Deere and box blade, landscape rake from RK also a set of ag tires on rims from amazon.

That's how I sell it to myself, use it while you got it cause you can't take it with you.
And you can likely still get 17k+ for it on resale, so it's not even close to 100+/HR.

Premium Member
Yea, seems to be a great forum with an active membership. Which is why I came here to begin with. I really appreciate all the advice. I think I would love a backhoe, and find excuses to use it. But right now, after evaluating what I really need it for, I think I'm going to pass on it. I'm 35, so I still have a few ditches left in me lol.
I got my BH at 35... Just saying.. 馃コ

• Love
Reactions: Jimmy Walker

Premium Member
Problem for me was....

A Back Ho......Dumps dirt left or right x 50* or whatever.
You can't swing around and dump into a buggy /trailer..whatever......piles everywhere with double the cleanup work.

Rent one.(bh).try it...switch it to Cat controls ..is that possible?

How bout a 30" +- grading bucket........

Rent a mini ex......tell me how that goes.... :p
Definitely prefer cat controls, however now that I've got more time on the 260, it's not akward anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.