Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Hard to give an opinion without seeing pics of it.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Looks like a hard 790 hours,wouldn't go more than $3,000.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
If you are trying to sell it, I would peruse your local craigslist and see if you have anything to compare it too. Using Machinefinder is good but not always accurate for local market conditions and the condition of your tractor. I also think dealers always price their stuff kind of high compared to a private sale. I don't see anything wrong with your tractor. It looks decent for 14 years old, obviously you use it a fair amount for mowing. Scraped paint and a dead seat wouldn't scare me if I was a buyer but someone may leverage that as a means to cut deal. I have seen these things advertised in my area from $3500-5000. It's a Kawasaki engine correct and 2wd? I am thinking somewhere in the $3500-4k range, it is 14 years old and at least 2 generations removed from new. With that said, they are solid tractors wish I had one. I would wait until either this fall (if you live in a area that gets snow) or next spring to sell if you want to get the most money. Most folks don't need a mower at this time of year unless they just smoked theirs.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
A lot of value is based on location. Example, that tractor in the Columbus, OH area would be a $2500-$3000 machine. However, that same tractor in the Detroit, am I and Ann Arbor, MI area would be a $$4000 machine, and that's in the condition I see based on the pics (which would call good). I picked up a minty GX345 with 200 hours on it in Columbus, OH for $1800, and I thought I stole it. My advice is to advertise it on Craigslist in locations roughly an hour from you, some people are not afraid to drive.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
A lot of value is based on location. Example, that tractor in the Columbus, OH area would be a $2500-$3000 machine. However, that same tractor in the Detroit, am I and Ann Arbor, MI area would be a $$4000 machine, and that's in the condition I see based on the pics (which would call good). I picked up a minty GX345 with 200 hours on it in Columbus, OH for $1800, and I thought I stole it. My advice is to advertise it on Craigslist in locations roughly an hour from you, some people are not afraid to drive.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
This, It depends on where your buying it what state. Here in Michigan John Deere tractors hold there value very good. That tractor here is $4000-$4800 all day long. I just sold a 2005 GX345 with 650 hour for $3200 third caller. Dealers here will get even more.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It has never been neglected. All fluids changed by the book. It has never let me down. This is a year round tractor.The only thing I have had to replace is the fuel pump. I am currrently looking to update, not new but newer to me. Thanks for all of the opinions.

·
Registered
700 Posts
It has never been neglected. All fluids changed by the book. It has never let me down. This is a year round tractor.The only thing I have had to replace is the fuel pump. I am currrently looking to update, not new but newer to me. Thanks for all of the opinions.

I suggest you clean it up then, and touch up the paint where possible. A few dozen hours of sweat equity would greatly increase its value.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have found the best way to find out the answer to the question of pre-owned Deere equipment value is to ask your dealer to look up the retail sale price for it. He just needs to know the year, model number, hours, and your assessment of condition (Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor). They have a book/computer app they use to judge how much to give on trade-in for equipment and what they can sell it for.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I suggest you clean it up then, and touch up the paint where possible. A few dozen hours of sweat equity would greatly increase its value.
This ^

I don't mean this to be offensive and I can't speak for anyone else but "if" you used those pics as your for sale pics, I'd assume neglect regardless of your statements otherwise. I understand it's used and I also understand you cared for its needs but as a potential buyer don't expect me to take you at your word unless most if not all appearance issues have been addressed to match. That said, I purposely look for stuff that needs TLC because I enjoy the restoration but I also compute this into what I'm willing to invest. Soak that thing in Simple Green including the deck, replace the seat, put the covers back on the deck, replace the chute deflector and sell it for top value. Good luck :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
My dealer quoted me 3-3500 value.
That sounds Fair Because He's Got to throw some Money Into Before He Puts it out for sale

I traded my 2003 X485 with 350 Hrs in 2014 for equivalent to about $4,600 In attachments for My 2012 X748 I Bought used from another dealer with 110Hr's On it

But my 2003 X485 Looked In a lot better condition than that X475 I only wanted $4,500 for it anyways

The X485 went with the following equipment for the Trade
48inch deck
Limited Cat 1 3point Hitch
540RPM rear PTO
Click N Go Brackets
2BAG MCS power flow

I think they ended Up selling it for $6,000:bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
My dealer quoted me 3-3500 value.
That sounds pretty reasonable....make sure the dealer quoted you the suggested retail sales value vs. the trade in value. The trade in price is a lot lower obviously and the source they use has both values for trade in and retail sale. Quite often if we ask our dealer what the value of something is, he automatically quotes the trade in value so I always have to double check. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts