Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got one of those fake IRS calls today, I could not understand hardly a word he said on the message. Was cooking, it would have been nice to have had a few word s with him though. Apparently they are really aggressive.
number was
(415) 251-5897

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Next thing you know those scammers will be kicking down doors just like the real IRS.:laugh:

It still amazes me how few of those scam-a-rama folks go to jail... Sometimes I think they're kicking back to the government.:usa

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL yah really, that number is all over the web too, you would think they could find them. I will say it would seem much more real if the person could speak English. They call 3 times in a row.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
I have a solution for Mujibar and his cohorts when he calls me; but I can't repeat it here unless I want to get banned. :lol:
I seem to live on the edge here at GTT.................I say go for it!:lol::lol:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I have a home number only to receive Fax. Usually have that turned off, but if I am home (and indoors), and the phone rings with a number that I do not recognize, I usually answer the phone with, "Gillespie County Morgue. You stab 'em, we slab 'em!" Tends to break the train of thought of those calling, if they speak and understand English as a first language.

I have another saying for answering, but yes, it would get me banned. I could share it with you, Gizmo, and *YOU* could post it, since you like living on the edge! :laugh::laugh::lol:

·
Registered
732 Posts
We get a lot of calls in Canada with people telling us there is a problem with windows on our computer. And if we could provide them with our passwords they will check it out for us.

Always fun to play with them, act surprised and plead them to help. Of course I do run a Mac. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
I got a call at work; it came through the front desk when I was in the lunch room. The operator called my name over the intercom, and I answered the phone. The guy says "Is this Dennis *******? I said, "Yes it is..." He says "This is so and so from the IRS and this call is about the $7000 you owe in back taxes". I about wet my pants; I didn't make much more than that per year at that time. I told him that all my taxes were in and something was wrong, because I didn't owe any back taxes. He then asked me if my wife's name was W*****, and I told him "No". He then asked if my SS number was such and so, and I again told him "No".

We talked for a few more minutes, and it seems that there was another individual in the same county with the same name as me...turns out he was some kind of deadbeat; I got several other calls at home, asking me when I was going to pay for something I never bought, or money I never borrowed. That went on for about a year and I guess these folks left town, because I haven't heard anything since.

You might be surprised how many couples out there have the same first and last names as you; try a Google search if you don't believe it. In fact, my wife got a note on Facebook from a lady in England with the same first and last name.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I will add with permission, I perform social engineering tests against various companies. It is flat out amazing what some people fall for...

The weakest link, for some time now, has been the employees. They are the easiest thing to 'hack'.

Jim

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
I seem to live on the edge here at GTT.................I say go for it!:lol::lol:
I have another saying for answering, but yes, it would get me banned. I could share it with you, Gizmo, and *YOU* could post it, since you like living on the edge! :laugh::laugh::lol:
Actually I have two phrases I use; one for Moose-limbs, and the other for everyone else; though they are similar in concept.

My wife has heard me say numerous rude, crude, and lewd things over the years; but these two were over the top for her and she was genuinely concerned I could be arrested for saying them. Note; they are not violent phrases.

So I will just leave them to your imagination.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts