Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my favorite pancake recipe. It goes without saying they are accompanied with real maple syrup, an egg (over easy please) on top and coffee strong enough to float a horse shoe.
View attachment 23047

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I can do the pancakes, and I love REAL maple syrup. Strong coffee is the only kind worth drinking! However, my egg needs to be WELL scrambled or fried. I just do not like runny eggs. :flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can do the pancakes, and I love REAL maple syrup. Strong coffee is the only kind worth drinking! However, my egg needs to be WELL scrambled or fried. I just do not like runny eggs. :flag_of_truce:
:unknown::unknown::unknown:

The first lady is the same here.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Sweet peppers and eggs

Hi, this is something special that I do when we have company for breakfast.
Ingredients: 2 eggs per pepper
1 pepper per guest (yellow or red pepper), make sure pepper will stand up on its own
old or extra old cheese
half and half cream
cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
bacon crumbled or pieces of ham, (canned 'Flakes of Ham' works too)

Preheat the oven or BBQ to about 350 deg Far.
Crack eggs in large bowl, add a pinch or two of cayenne, enough half and half for scrambled eggs and whip with a fork.
Cut the top off each pepper and remove seeds and membranes.
Place peppers vertically on a foil covered and oiled sheet pan
Cut slices of cheese into small pieces, crumble bacon/ham and mix some into eggs.

Place a few pieces of cheese and either ham or bacon into bottom of each pepper.
Pour egg mixture about 3/4 of the way up the pepper.
Place peppers in oven/BBQ and close lid
In roughly 30 minutes check to see if they are done.
Look for a lightly tanned top, if you find that they are tanned and solid, they are done.
At this point you can take them out, or put some more cheese and/or meat on top. My choice, more everything, and put back into heat until cheese is melted.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Link won't work:unknown:

·
Registered
2,842 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Wow, that looks like a great recipe, I will save the download and give it a try one weekend.
I need to get some maple syrup pretty soon, the town I work in has some history as a maple syrup area. Their Spring festival is called the maple festival...
They have some locals with storefronts that sell some darn fine syrups. The place I go to sells three "grades" from lighter to darker, and I really like the medium amber grade.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It's that time of year again. :eating:
Good and super fluffy. View attachment Pancakes, Fluffy 1.pdf
Now if I could make it snow.:plowsnow:

Oh my bad. It's 4 tablespoons of vinegar...not teaspoons! I think I have it corrected now. The vinegar is what makes that powder & soda do their thing for a fluffy cake

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
It's that time of year again. :eating:
Good and super fluffy. View attachment 659406
Now if I could make it snow.:plowsnow:
Gonna try this one tonight. There's nothing that Sweetie likes better than "breakfast for dinner". :yahoo:

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Gonna try this one tonight. There's nothing that Sweetie likes better than "breakfast for dinner". :yahoo:
Made these last night. Didn't see the updated recipe for the vinegar so only used 4 Tsp. :laugh: I did add just a bit of milk to thin the batter out a bit, but the extra vinegar will probably accomplish that next time.

These were probably the BEST PANCAKES that I've ever made. I've always just made them using a mix before. This was a little more work, but well worth the results!! Thanks for posting this and resurrecting this 5 year old thread!! :bigthumb:

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
PaDave is now in the GTT Cookbook for this pancake recipe. :bigthumb:

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
Have you downloaded it and saved it? It's a PDF file, nothing crazy. I'm not sure what the issue could be. :unknown:

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Have you downloaded it and saved it? It's a PDF file, nothing crazy. I'm not sure what the issue could be. :unknown:
No, but I'll try that. All I have to do then is find it! :laugh:

I found it, but I was unable to copy it in that format...printed it instead...so I'm halfway there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts