Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one know the mfg. of a 8320 fan clutch. Can't seem to cross ref any major mfg.'s to the jd part # . Pretty sure that jd part is not specific to series...
flan

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Is it a viscous fan drive?

If so, Deere has this out

Symptoms

Tractor runs hotter than expected/normal.

Situation or Problem
Metal Coil that engages the Viscous Fan Drive can be coated with debris that acts as an insulator and prevents the fan drive from engaging. If fan drive fails to engage, tractor can run hot.

Solution Steps

Prior to cleaning the sensor, shut the tractor off, let it cool to ambient temperature and remove the key.
Clean metal coil in center front of fan drive with spray electrical/electronic contact cleaner. This can be purchased from your local John Deere Dealer.
If cleaning the coil fails to resolve the issue, see your John Deere Dealer.
Or is the bearing going out?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx for the reply...
yes this is a simple viscous clutch. The bearings are fine. I fashioned a lockout (jd doesn't offer one) and tractor is operating normal temp. (little cooler that normal but not too cool). cost of the new part invites me to research the clutch and try to find a match in a different application. Horton mfg. has a well rounded selection and a cross ref. guide but evidently some parts maned. for jd are exclusive...no cross ref available. just wondering if anyone knows the part mfg. I'm guessing that jd contracts this type of part..
flan

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I tried to find more info for you as we found ours on the 8300 leaking Friday night when I was looking for some stampings. I too have had zero luck.:thumbsdown:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts