Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removing topsoil, grading, and getting materials for a cabin build on our farm. Will make it more comfortable with no need to run to town to shower or get out out of the heat. Will use the top soil we scraped off to fill in some low spots. The lumber coming in is for concrete forms.

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More progress today. Unloaded the trusses while digging the footings and forming for the concrete pad.

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Rough plumbing, final forming, and inspections tomorrow.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Progress today.

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Concrete is set. Let's get some framing done!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,677 Posts
:bigthumb: looking good.

:munch:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More framing today.

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Over the last few days we completed interior and exterior framing and sheathing. Have the roof on and the building is wrapped.

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn't see if you said, are you doing this building yourself or have a builder? It seems to be going up pretty fast, I figured it must be being done by a professional. Maybe it's you doing it and you are just that good? :unknown: Either way, it's looking good! :good2:
I have friends helping one of who has built barns and barn homes. The framing and sheathing usually go fast so it looks like a lot of progress just like with a residential house but with the remaining work being interior and exterior finishing, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc. etc. it is going to start to look like its going slow the rest of the way!! Thank you for the compliment.

·
Registered
11,677 Posts
:bigthumb: i like it too. can't wait for more pics to come:munch:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Had to hold a couple days to get inspections completed by the county for sheathing, roughed-in framing, and their approval of plans for electrical, plumbing, and heating/air. Those inspections all passed and now we are on to building the porch and finishing the exterior. We are going with a hipped roof on the porch that involves building King Rafters, but are hopeful the extra work will pay off in a nicer looking roof line for the porch. In one of the photos you can see a pile of lumber. This is freshly milled pine and poplar for the exterior (board and batten pine) interior (shiplap poplar) that will cover the ceiling and all the walls. We learned that since the lumber was not purchased at a retail outlet and has no "stamp" we will need to get an engineering letter to say it's OK for human occupation before the county will sign off on the final build.

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a different thought of the term “cabin” from what you are building here....
Yeah I know, its really far too shabby to qualify as a cabin. I should really call it a "hut." :lol:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We completed the porch and started putting the siding on top. Not too productive with the squad having Memorial Day weekend on our minds. :good2:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts