Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a line on a 4ft Farm Force box blade, like new condition. Pictures look good other than it's attached to a orange tractor. I can't find anything online about them. It won't be used a lot and my soil is sand. Anyone have any comments on these? I seen some posts online that say this is sold at TSC, but I can't find them there either.

AWK

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
77 views an no responses. I think I will let this one ride to next week. If it is still there maybe the price will improve. Don't have a good way to pick it up yet any when.
AWK

·
Super Moderator
5,637 Posts
Does it look anything like this brand?
3 Point - Tarter Farm & Ranch

From what I Googled,it was at one time a TSC item. County Line brand replaced it. It's not heavy duty,but a very light duty implement. From what I can see in the pics it is just that. If,from your post you aren't going to do very much with it,it will probably be just fine.

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
I got a line on a 4ft Farm Force box blade, like new condition. Pictures look good other than it's attached to a orange tractor. I can't find anything online about them. It won't be used a lot and my soil is sand. Anyone have any comments on these? I seen some posts online that say this is sold at TSC, but I can't find them there either.

AWK
Do you have any pics or links, can't see them in the post? How much are they asking? I have the light duty Frontier and it works fine in my sandy soil. I just wish it had 4 rippers instead of 3. I paid about $750. Princess Auto have a five footer for $350 which looks good but I think five feet is too wide for the 1026 for what I'm using it for.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me try. Asking price is $350 obo.
image.jpg

Looks like the type from TSC. I hope it fits a old style Imatch.

AWK

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
$350? I would snap it up. It has 4 rippers which make digging a little easier.
Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
33 Posts
View attachment 21251

AWK

That pic looks exactly like my 48" King Kutter XB model. I purchased it about 8 years ago at Tractor Supply for around $500. I don't think it's really light duty, as others suggested. I've used it on my 1026 and and before that on a JD316 garden tractor. It weighs around 300 pounds I would guess.

·
Registered
33 Posts
View attachment 21251

AWK
One other thing I should have mentioned, since you want to use an Imatch, I think this blade was designed for Cat0 (pins facing in) or Cat1 (pins facing out). Even with extra long pins, facing out, I have to adjust my 3 point arms to allow for the narrow spacing. I'm not sure if that matters for your Imatch.

·
Registered
947 Posts
FWIW...here are the dimesions to fit within the standard of the iMatch.

QuickHitch[1].jpg

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, you snooze you lose, it was gone. Actually it was gone the day it was posted, but they haven't removed the ad. So, my wife comes through, bought me a Frontier BB2048. I pick it up Saturday.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Too bad, at that price I can see why it disappeared. You'll like the Frontier. I used mine a lot this year for digging. I pull the dirt into a pile then move it with the FEL. Works slick.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Too bad, at that price I can see why it disappeared. You'll like the Frontier. I used mine a lot this year for digging. I pull the dirt into a pile then move it with the FEL. Works slick.
I am looking forward to this. I plan on installing a walkway next week using slate. This should really help that process.

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Once I learned how to adjust it for deep digging with the rippers as well as smooth scraping without the rippers I ended up with a nice finish. The rippers will leave troughs that you don't really notice until after the rain washes them out. That is when I figured out to tilt it forward as far as it will go and take the rippers off and that gave me the finished grade I was looking for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts