Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went down to the farm progress show today but was on a mission and remembered I did not see a thread on the show. I did run into @Tractor Tim and Christy about mid day. I was on my way back from the combine demos with a group but yelled over when I saw him driving by. Chatted for a quick minute and they were kind as you would expect them to be and gave me a ride to catch back up with the others. Always a classy pair and I wish I would have had more time to chat.

I am somewhere in this photo. Watching these go by between 5-9mph and seemingly quieter than a lawn mower is amazing. I might be exaggerating a bit but they are shockingly quiet.
Wheel Tire Harvester Plant Cloud

·
Super Moderator
10,468 Posts
Glenn, How were the exhibits / exhibitors and was the show well attended?

Speaking of shows there's been some conversation about a potentially poor turnout at SEMA, Las Vegas this year. Exhibitors are balking and attendee registrations are way below expectations. On another Automotive related forum many of the exhibitors are asking for an extended registration and cancelation timetable as they reassess the costs and ROI.

·
Registered
8,186 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
The Deere X9 is the talk of the show. $1 Million + combine. Apparently large enough and fast enough to replace 3 of the previously largest combines.

We didn’t go out to the demo field to see it until too late…where we found Herminator failing to keep up with his group!!

We have meetups each day at the Deere booth 10:30am and Maschio booth 1pm.

Johnny 2 is visiting as well..located in the Maschio booth.

Only 2 compact tractors in the Deere booth. 1025r and 3046r cab. No changes or announcements regarding small Deere tractors.

Tim

·
Premium Member
10,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SGS,

You have been to enough shows to know the major players have traffic and Deere‘s booth was always busy. The Field demos had people lined up all the way down the field but attendance seems light and traffic going to it was light. It was the first day and today is supposed to be the busy day so hopefully it does well.

Illinois went into a mask mandate on Monday right before the show on Tuesday. While we did not have to wear them because the show is outside I suspect just the talk of rising cases will keep more than just some from wanting to be with groups.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.