Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
The best engine I have ever owned are three engines. Yanmar 3 cylinder liquid cooled diesels in my 332 has a 16 HP, my two 455's have a 22 hp and my 2210 has a 23 HP engines. These engines are great for fuel economy and power. The only problems I have with them is alternator bearings, fuel pumps, glow plugs and normal maintenance items. Two of them have OVER 2500 hours and still run great. My next choice is my 322 with a Yanmar 3 cylinder liquid cooled gasoline Yanmar. Same engine as the 332 except it is a gasoline model. It purrs like a kitten.

The old Kawasaki engines were probably the best air cooled engines. I bought a GT275 new and really liked the 17 HP engine. I replaced it with a 345 with a 20 HP engine which has had ignition and carburetor problems. The plastic cam gear in the newer models has changed my opinion of Kawasaki engines.

Just my opinion,
GotDeeres

·
Registered
84 Posts
OneMarineE5,

I wanted a 332 diesel but could not find one. So, I bought a 318 with a 2 cylinder 18 HP Onan. This is another good engine. I saw a 322 on $Bay and that is when I also found out about the Yanmar 3 cylinder 18 HP gasoline version. It is the same Yanmar engine except with spark plugs instead of injectors. I bought the tractor just because I liked how the engine sounded. Then I finally found the 332 which is only a 16 HP diesel engine. I never needed any more HP with it. The last 4 tractors I bought have been diesels and that will continue. :thumbup1gif:

GotDeeres

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.